Chapter 1

Iris's POV:

I ran and ran, dodging trees and bushes as I went. The wind in my face was the best feeling about running in wolf form. It feels like you're free.

'Iris, you have to be faster if you want to get to school on time!' exclaimed Riley, my wolf.

Because we've been together since birth, me and Riley have a bond that nobody can break. Riley is like a sister to me.

'I know. I'm sorry. I'm just really tired.' I told her, sleepily.

'Well then, WAKE UP!'

I yelped, stopped and although I knew it wouldn't help, I covered my ears with my paws. I hate loud noises.

I heard her laugh in amusement. 'Heheheh... I'm sorry. Just, wake up, would you? We need to get to school. We only have 5 more minutes and we're about 10 minutes away. Now RUN!'

I sighed as I continued to run as fast as I could to school.

Oh, I forgot to mention that Riley loves school and would do anything to not skip a day.

As I arrived at the edge of the woods, next to school, my human self started to take control again.

You see, when I'm in wolf form, I let Riley take over my body just the tiniest bit, so I can be in the form of the wolf but control whatever I'm doing although when I'm in human form, I take over my whole body completely.

My wolf body started to crack, tear, break and deform as my white fur shrunk back into my body, leaving skin and a human body remaining.

I ran to the biggest tree at the edge of the woods, my brunette hair flowing behind me, and dug a little in the ground, revealing my clothes bag and school bag in the hole.

I grabbed the first things that I saw, which were light blue denim jeans, a red and black plaid jacket and brown boots. Then, I grabbed my brown school bag and covered up the hole.

I realised I was late when I walked through the school gates because there was nobody outside except the kids who think they're, "Too cool for school" which is totally false.

"Hey, Iris! Wanna hang out?" asked Stacy, the "leader" of the group.

Yes, they're actually not like other groups in other schools; they're unusually nice!

"I think I'll pass." I said without looking at one of them and walked straight through the doors of the school building.

Everywhere was quiet. Nobody was around because they were either in class or hiding from the corridor monitor, who gives you a detention if you get caught roaming.

Suddenly, I bump into something that I swear want there before. I realised that I fell on top of it and bumped my lip piercings on something hard.

"Ouch!" moaned a voice.

I look down to see a redhead girl, probably the same age as me, wearing glasses, a grey jumper with "GEEK" printed on it in black, black jeans and black and white converse. She was beautiful.

'MATE! MATE! MATE! MATE! MATE!' screamed Riley.

I smiled and got up from the floor to help her up.

"I'm so sorry about that." I apologised, holding out my hand.

"I-it's okay." she said, "I-it didn't hurt, you just poked me with your lip piercings." she took my hand.