Chapter 6

Olivia's POV:

They threw me back into the dark room I began in. This time, I was alone and I knew it from the moment I was left there. Leia was nowhere to be seen or heard as I sat, huddled in as small of a ball I could make with my body, hugging my knees, tears falling freely.

With my wounds stinging and burning, I recalled the events that caused them.

*2 hours ago*

"Sit her over there." Said a masked man with a husky voice, sounding like he has smoked over 20 cigarettes all at once.

They lead me, struggling, to a lonely chair in front of a wooden wall, away from the rest of the tortured victims. They quickly removed the cuffs and replaced them with their huge, rough hands. They sit me down and force me to stay in the position as they tighten new restraints around my wrists and ankles; the leather straps cut into my skin.

"Now," he begins. "I'm going to ask you a few questions, you are going to answer them. Truthfully." I squirm, trying to free my limbs. Of course, it's no use. He stands inches away from my face, letting me smell his foul breath. "How do you know Iris Jones?"

My eyes widen and my jaw drops to the floor. What do they want with Iris?

"Answer me!" He yells.

I find my voice and quickly answer. "I've only known her for 2 days I'm new to town and just switched schools we were both running late and she showed me around and then we became friends and then we went to prom together!" I gasped, pulling air into my lungs as I didn't miss a beat.

The man seemed to be satisfied with my answer but starts to ask another question. "How do you know Ulric Jones?"

Iris's father? The guy that crashed the prom? The guy that turned into a wolf as he ran? That guy. What have I gotten myself into?

"I know nothing of him." Which is the truth.

He looked unsatisfied with that one and slowly walks to a table with a tray on it. "That's not the answer I was wanting, young miss." He tuts, grabbing a small object, not letting me see what it is.

He pulls the table, that was on wheels, over to the chair and shows me the object.

A knife.

I start to panic, my breathing becoming unstable, rushed. I pull at the cuffs, trying to snap them.

"You see, Ulric and his family- his pack- has something of mine. It's really important to me. And I won't stop at anything to get it back. Even if that means forcing the information out of you." He points the knife at my chest and twists it.

"I know nothing, I swear." I whisper, my voice cracking. "I don't know a lot about Iris and her family. We've only just met!" I plead, tears falling as my anxiety hits its highest point. I feel faint.

"Ah, but everybody says they know nothing. Until they're pushed to their limit."

I scowl at him, I know Iris would be brave in this moment. I guess I can try and do the same? "You'll get nothing from me. I can't tell you information I don't have." I lean forward, the knife digging further into my skin. "Go on, try me."

I'm asking for it, I know. But maybe it'll make him think twice about doing this later.

"You've made a huge mistake saying that."

Damn. At least I tried.

*Back to the future*

I get interrupted by my own thoughts.

I stare at the surrounding darkness, wishing to be anywhere but here.

What was all that about? What did they want with Iris and her father? Is there a wolf-y war happening between the packs or is it something different?

Is Iris in danger?

And what was all that about me not loving her? Who would think we love each other? Is that another wolf-y thing I don't understand?

If you're confused, I'm not one to be sceptical about things. They're werewolves. Okay. That's fine. I watch Supernatural, for God's sakes, I know enough about them.

I've heard about "mates" before. Is that what they were referring to? But isn't that just for wolves? I'm human, obviously.

For the second time today, the doors creak open, assaulting my eyes with the light.

Iris's POV:

Me, mother, and Dane walk quickly into the main hall; hundreds of our pack standing around, looking confused and annoyed although a few of them looked like they knew what was happening and sent sympathetic smiles my way.

"Everybody, listen up!" Yelled my mother, a growl seeping through, into her words, causing the pack to go silent and stare obediently at her. "We have the location of Iris's mate, Olivia." At this, a few of them glared daggers at me and growled. They didn't like this. "Silence! Your future alpha has found her mate, you will be happy for her and accept her. You cannot help who your mate is. This is not the first time this has happened in our life time and it will not be the last."

What? Is that true? I looked around at everyone's faces. My friends were being amazing, accepting me for who I am. For who I am with. They smiled widely at me, giving me the thumbs up. Others, well, they had different opinions. "We will all go to River Point and search for Ulric's hideout." Mum says.

"Wait a minute!" Interrupted someone in the crowd. Surrounding members spread out, away from the speaker, letting us see who it is. And of course, it's Sandra. "You mean to tell us, we have to search for it? So, you don't actually know where it is?"

Mother sighs and explains. "We could only trace the signal to an area. That area is a few miles wide." She looks sideways at me but carries on. "But no matter how long it takes, we will do this. Olivia will be rescued as soon as possible! With or without your help."

Everybody turned back around, away from Sandra, and nodded to mother. They split into teams and ran out of the hall. My friends were, of course, on their own little team and gestured for me to go to them.

"We have a plan." said Dane.

"Do tell," smiled Ethan, "since the 'we' part of that sentence isn't true. We're lost, how the hell are we supposed to find one girl in miles of area?"

Great, that's very hopeful and positive.

"Iris, she's your mate. Scent, connection, your need will find her."

I nodded at that. "Makes sense. Let's do it."

"Not without us, you're not." we turned to see Sandra and Finn walking towards us. "Look, we're not the best of friends but we don't like seeing you hurt. You are the future alpha, after all."

"No, no, wait. What's in it for you?" asked Ethan.

"Did you not here what he just said? Are you deaf?" Sandra scoffed. "You're the future alpha, Iris, and the pack hates to see you unhappy. As torn as I am about helping you, this is for the pack."

I smiled, "Thanks guys. All of you."

Olivia, I'm coming to save you!

--------------------------------------------------

So, will they find her in time? Why did Ulric do this? What are they trying to get out of her? Does Olivia accept the fact that Iris is a werewolf after all? Hmmmmm...

STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER WHERE THE ACTION STARTS TO MAKE AN APPEARANCE!