Chapter 3

Iris's POV:

*4 hours ago*

"Congratulations on finding your mate, sweetheart!"

My mum ran up to me, hugged me and wiped away a tear. "My pup is all grown up!"

She was proud.

I hope she has the same reaction when she finds out that she's a girl... And a human...

Cue nervous laughter.

You see, alphas of any gender are forbidden to mate with another of the same gender. Pack members believe it makes you weak, so you can't lead, blah blah blah.

Same with them being human but worse as that human could be sentenced to death so the secret would be kept safe.

I've never agreed with it.

And I'm never gonna let that stop me from loving Olivia.

*Back to the future*

At 05:45, I realise I have to go to Olivia's and pick her up.

I grabbed my phone, my house keys and the bunch of white roses.

On my way out of the door, I checked myself in the mirror.

I wore a blue dress with white flowers around the chest, waist and shoulders, white shoes with flowers on, a white and blue wolf mask (of course) and light makeup and jewellery.

*****

Ding dong

So, Olivia opened the door...

And she was beautiful.

She was/is the most beautiful girl in the world.

She wore a beautiful red dress with silver sparkles on the waist, red shoes, a silver, sparkle-y mask, beautiful, smokey and full fake eyelash look on her eyes and light makeup and jewellery everywhere else.

"Wow."

"Wow."

We both said in unison.

"You look beautiful!" I exclaimed in awe, which made her blush the same colour as her dress.

"Th-thanks." she said, looking down at the floor. "You too."

She went quiet.

"Thank you very much." I said, handing her the white roses. She blushed more and thanked me.

She hopped out of the door to her house and we walked down the street to the prom location.

We linked arms and walked slowly.

Mum told me that the prom was at the park. I don't understand though. Like, why the park? Why not the school as it is the school prom?

On the way, me and Olivia didn't really talk much. Just a bit of small talk but then we went silent, both not knowing what to talk about. I didn't want to scare her out of being my ma-- "friend", so I didn't say anything, just in case.

*****

When we got there, music blasted out from the speakers. Everyone around us danced to the beat, looking like they were having a great time.

My mum volunteered to help set everything up at the prom so she was still there when we arrived.

"Iris!" yelled mum.

I looked in her direction and saw worry in her eyes. She was trying to hide it.

"Mum, what's wrong?" I asked, sensing Olivia become uncomfortable.