Chapter 5

For anyone that's confused during this chapter, Riley says things at the same time as Iris inside her head so it's basically Iris saying it whilst Riley says it in her head... Does that make sense? Sorry if it doesn't. And sorry that I've been off for a while. Reasons.

--------------------------------------------------

Iris's POV:

I stood in silence as Dane came running to me until he grabbed me by the wrist and pulled me into my mum's office. Again.

Where did he come from? I thought he was watching the movie?

"We found her." he repeated whilst walking me to the other side of mum's desk.

I scrunched my eyebrows up, confused, but when he nodded towards the computer screen, I gasped and held back tears.

Olivia. Her once beautiful face now looked cut and bloodied. She looked frightened but angry and she was staring at somebody behind the camera.

She was sat in a chair with her wrists held in place by restraints in front of a wooden wall. I could see that next to her was a metal tray full of sharp, metal tools.

Riley growled at this view but my tears began to fall.

"My name is Olivia Dainse..." I heard her sweet voice turned broken and strained, and I stared at the screen. I saw her eyes; they looked dull and lifeless. "And I'm making this video to tell you to... to..." She hesitated on her next words. Her face snapped to one of desperation. "HELP ME IRIS! PLEASE! THEY TOOK ME AWAY TO–"

Slap

A hand of a masked person came into contact with her face making me growl and her whimper.

"You want to try again?" asked a gruff voice. Really, it sounded like he smoked hundreds of cigarettes a day.

She sighed and continued, "I'm making this video to tell you... That if you try to find me, you will fail."

Dale stared at me but mum tried the opposite, knowing how I am when people stare at me like that. So she tapped him on the arm to stop him.

"Iris. You must be very upset about this–" she was cut off by a man laughing in the background. "But just know that... I-I will be the one that's hurt to say that..." I stared into her eyes and noticed how they were skimming over something. She seemed to be reading something that we couldn't see. "To say that I never loved you. And I never will... So you should stop looking for me. There will be consequences if you do."

And the video stopped. No noises were heard in the office except from me.

I sniffed and tried to hold everything back.

I knew what she said was written by her captors but to hear it coming from her mouth really hurt me and Riley.

I composed myself and turned to Dane. "How does a live video let you know where she is?" my voice broke and they looked at me in pity.

"By us tracking the phone that was recording it."

"Is that even possible?" asked Riley and me, simultaneously.

"Yes, our very very skilled members tracked the signal and found the host of it."

I run to the door and decided to take immediate action. "What are we waiting for? Let's go get her!"

--------------------------------------------------

So, yes, I know, small SMALL chapter but don't worry, I've updated chapter 6 already.

Yep, I'm back, people!

*inserts Moriarty gif here* "Did you miss me?"

Thank you for reading, love you all!