Chapter 4

Olivia's POV:

Opening my eyes, I saw darkness.

My head throbbed in pain and when I placed my hand to it, I felt a sticky thick fluid.

My other hand was supporting my weight as I sat up. I was sitting on something hard. It hurt my butt.

Drops of water (I hope) falling onto the floor was the only sound I heard.

Suddenly, I felt a presence next to me. I could feel it breathing on my neck in an exhausted manner.

"They got you too?" a girl, possibly my age, with a scratchy voice said.

Her silhouetted outline made its way into my eyesight. She was quite tall and thin. I could tell she didn't have many clothes on. She must be freezing down here... If we are down somewhere.

Wait a minute... Where is down here?

I tried to reply but my throat felt so dry that it hurt. I tried to swallow but it hurt more. I held my throat in an attempt to tell the girl why I couldn't talk.

"Oh, here! I have water!" said the girl. That must be why she can talk but I can't. She has a bottle of frickin' water!

I saw the outline of a small water bottle and reached over to grab it.

I bought it to my dry, cracked lips and struggled to swallow the cold, murky water. But it helped.

I believe I drank most of the water in the bottle.

"Th--" I violently coughed whilst the girl weakly patted my back. "Thanks." I said. My throat still hurt and my voice wasn't working well but at least I could talk.

"No problem." She took the bottle from my hands. "My name is Leia. Me and you are the only two people in here. The others were taken away."

Taken away? Weren't we already taken away? To here?

Wait a minute... Why was I taken away? Why am I here? What happened?!

I scanned my memory, trying to remember what had happened at the prom.

Nothing but darkness.

Much like here!

"I... Don't know why I'm here?" I said. "Why am I here?" I started to panic, I tried to stand up but my legs gave way, landing me back on the painful stone floor.

"Hey, relax. Nobody knows why they're here. Well... They didn't know why they were here... I guess they did when they were taken from this room..." she sounded like she was on the verge of tears. "I've been out there you know? I sneaked out when someone was being taken. It's not a pleasant place. Bodies everywhere and blood too. It looked like they were being tortured as some were still alive. Others...–"

She was interrupted by the sound of old, heavy doors being opened and the blinding light of the outside sun.

"Take the newest. Save the other 'til last. She'll be fun." said a man possibly in his 20's or 30's. He sounded clearer than me and Leia.

Was I the newest? Was I being taken? Again?! I don't want to be tortured!

"Don't!" Yelled Leia as loud as she could. You could barely here her. "Take me!"

Two big, dry hands grabbed my wrists and trapped them together in some kind of cuffs. I felt them cutting into my skin but the more I moved, the deeper they cut.

I couldn't see who was leading me out because I was still blinded by the light. How long was I in the darkness?!

I was pulled into the light in the room and I heard moans. Pained moans.