Chapter 14: A long overdue confession

Your P.O.V.

      You waited a few minutes in silence for the train.  While you waited you noticed that the train station was full of people unlike it was when you first came. The doors to the other trains entrances  were wide open and the shops were full of people shopping for interesting items. When the train finally passed you and Laxus both got on and took your seats. It was going to be a four hour ride so you sat as comfortably as you could.

      "(y/n)?" Laxus caught your attention.

     "Yea," you mumbled while looking down at your cape, felling it's silk-like cloth and remembering the day when you first got it .

     "I forgot to give you this," he said as he pulled something out from his pocket. You looked up to see that he was handing you about 500,000 jewl. "The mayor gave it to me right after you passed out, it's the reward."

     "Thanks," you grabbed it, then split it in half and handed the other half to Laxus. "Take it."

     "I can't, it's your reward you did all of the work. " He said handing it back to you. "I simply just made sure you came back alive."

      "No I insist, take it, you were a huge help. I wouldn't have been able to do it all by myself." you stated insisting that he'd take the half of the reward. He then looked deep into your eyes seeing that you were serious and took the reward, knowing you wouldn't accept it any other way.

        "Thanks," he murmured.

      "Anyway I wanted to ask," he nodded." Why were you saying that if I went on this mission alone, or with Annabelle that is was a suicide mission?"

      He paused for a moment in thought to collect the correct words for his explanation. "Well it was because I heard that mages who took that request wouldn't come back. And mages who went to find them didn't return either. Although, you were successful in completing the request so that was probably a bluff. But I was uneasy about the situation and mostly was worried about y-" he cut himself of stopping completely and sat back almost uncomfortably and some what nervous turning slightly pink.

     "Well it's feels good to know that someone other than Annabelle is willing to look out for me. But you're wrong." you paused while giving a small smile without realizing it. "We were successful in completing the request."

     He gave out a small chuckle in defeat. "So how are your burns?" he asked concerned looking at your forearms to your hands.

     "What burns?" you answered.

     "Those on your arms, it looks like it hurts a lot," he pointed out.

     "Oh these. It doesn't hurt, actually oddly enough can' t feel it." You said looking at your hands moving them around to see if you would some feel the pain, but you felt nothing." I guess it's because It's like a small paper cut compared to what I've been put through. You shouldn't worry about it I'll be fine." you said reassuringly . Monster! passed through your mind as a flash of the village in ruins appeared in your mind. It caused you to shift uncomfortably in your seat.

Laxus just sat back turning his gaze up to stare at the ceiling. He was probably unsure  wheather or not he should continue the conversation. Then saiding nothing.

2 hours later

     The train stopped abruptly. Which caused you fall - fly out of your chair and hit the ground with a loud bang.

     "Are you okay?" Laxus asked looking down at you on the floor.

    "Yea," you said rubbing the back of your head  and elbows. "But why did we stop? It's only been two hours, I think."