Chapter 33: To The Source of The Blackout

The Lumiose Badlands was one of Leah's least favorite places in the region. It was windy at a near constant and it made maneuvering through the route difficult. The wild Pokemon there were more aggressive than in the other areas of the region and due to the difficulty in maneuvering, trainers couldn't avoid the wild Pokemon of the route. Leah would've preferred not taking this route altogether, but it was the fastest way to go to Lumiose City from Coumarine City. And the icing on the cake was that Team Flare were doing a little visit to the Kalos Power Plant for one reason or another.

Adeline was waiting for them near the bridge leading to the Power Plant. Leah was grateful for the familiar face. The teenager seemed a bit nervous. She was keeping guard to make sure people didn't come in to interrupt the operation. She gave Leah the Power Plant key, "That should allow you inside, but can you battle me to make it look like you forced my hand?"

"You want to avoid suspicion, I get that." Leah nodded, "Alright Stardust, the stage is all yours!"

"Gladwin take the lead!"

Leah summoned the Sylveon as it elegantly made her descent towards the ground with a yowl as Adeline summoned her Golbat. Stardust was an interesting choice due to her disadvantage to Gladwin's Poison typing. Leah had a plan, it was unlike her to put herself at such a disadvantage unless she had something in mind. Adeline went first, Gladwin's fangs glowed in a poisonous purple hue and lunged towards Stardust. Leah smiled, "Stardust grab Gladwin with your feelers and use Swift!"

Stardust extended her ribbon-like feelers and grabbed Gladwin's wings, preventing him from flying towards her. With a shrill yowl, the Sylveon summoned a multitude of golden stars and hurled them towards the Golbat. She released him from her feelers and let him plummet. Gladwin shook off his daze and fluttered upwards. On Adeline's command, his wings turned a pale blue hue and tried to ram into Stardust.

The Sylveon nimbly and elegantly leapt slightly to her left and then leapt above Gladwin when he veered towards her. On Leah's command, Stardust stopped in her tracks and brought her feelers together. The moment she released her feelers was the moment Gladwin got trapped in mystical, pink and sparkling winds. The Golbat lay defeated at Adeline's feet. She withdrew Gladwin and sent in Freki. The little Electrike barked upon being summoned. Leah withdrew Stardust in an attempt to preserve her strength.

Leah was about to send in Omen, but Mrs. Cuddletails leapt onto the battlefield before her trainer could even summon the Absol. The Vulpix's little fangs were bared and her fur was bristling. Leah could work with that, "Alright you drama queen, use Flame Charge!"

Mrs. Cuddletails' body was engulfed in crackling, blazing flames. She lunged towards Freki, but Adeline had predicted that from Leah. The Electrike leapt over the Vulpix. Leah chuckled, "Use Mystical Fire!"

Mrs. Cuddletails nimbly turned around and with a shrill howl, she summoned a stream of flames that was surrounded by blazing rings. The direct hit almost defeated Freki or so that's what Adeline thought. Her partner swayed and fell. The Electrike was defeated. Adeline withdrew Freki and healed Leah's team, "Go! Before they get all the electricity they need!" The girl then looked at Leah with an expression of worry, "Two Team Flare admins are in there and they aren't above murder. Please be careful."

Leah grinned, "When am I not careful?"

"Uh all the time?" Mildred deadpanned.

"Schematics." Leah scoffed, "If it goes to shit, I can always fist fight people."

"We'll handle it safely, right Leah?" Mildred stated firmly. Leah pretended not to hear her friend, Mildred spoke louder, "Right Leah?"

Leah smiled sheepishly, "Yes yes Mildred. Safe, totally doing that."