Chapter Three

When Fury told them that there was going to be a new member of the Avengers, they assumed that it would be an adult, maybe a SHIELD agent. But definitely not a teenager.
They erupted into protests, all except for Thor. He just stared at the teen with a shocked expression.
The boy looked exasperated as the people in the room waved their hands and shouted. Or at least three of them did. The other two just glared angrily and spoke calmly, even though their voices were the loudest.
The teen made his way into an empty chair and watched as they yelled themselves out. When they paused for breath Fury spoke.
"Are you done?"
They nodded, out of breath or just plain finished.
Fury narrowed his eye. "Good. This is your new teammate."
"You've got to be joking," Stark said.
"I assure you that I am not."
"But he's just a kid!" Rodgers protested. Fury glared at him. "He's much stronger than he looks."
The boy nodded. "My name is Nico di Angelo," he said. "Pleased to meet you."
Thor squealed. Everybody stared at him, because it was an incredibly strange thing to do.
"I have heard tales of you and your friends adventures on Asgard," he said reverently. "It is a true honor to meet you."
Stark snorted. "Seriously? They tell stories of this kid on Asgard? He probably doesn't even have his drivers licence."
"He is much more powerful than he looks," Thor replied.
"How so?" Clint asked.
Nico stepped forward. He raised his chin. "Would you like to hear all of my titles?"
The Avengers nodded.
"My name is Nico di Angelo, son of Hades, king of ghosts, hero of the Second Titan War, one of the returners of the Athena Parthenos, hero of the Second Giant War, carrier of a Stygian Iron sword, and conqueror of the Labyrinth."