Chapter Twelve

Fuck. I know, I know, it's short. But I've had a hectic week and it was my birthday today, so I've had no time to focus on this story. I hope this subpar chapter meets your standards (but it probably won't).

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico looked around his bedroom. He knew that he had left his bag of money (euros, denarii, American bills, and golden drachmas) somewhere in here. Unfortunately, he had no idea where that somewhere was.

Finally, after about half an hour of searching, he finally found it. The leather bag was sitting on the counter in the bathroom, because the son of Hades knew that he was going to use it for Iris Messaging. Of course, he had forgotten all about it.

Filtering the water through the lights, Nico made as distinct a rainbow as he could. But it still kinda fizzled, and the ghost king wasn't sure that it would work until he threw the drachma in.

"O Iris, goddess of the rainbow," he called. "Accept my offering. Show me Hazel Levesque, at Camp Jupiter."

The air shimmered, and Hazel's face came into view. "Nico?"

"Hey, Hazel. How are you?"

"Good. I've been helping Frank out with his Praetor duties." She studied her half-broter. "Why are you IMing me?"

"I just needed to check in. Have any of you had luck figuring out where Atlas is?"

"No. But Calypso's been working really hard. I think most of us forgot that Atlas is her father." Hazel bit her lip. "What about you guys?"

"Nothing. Although we did kill a group of monsters in Central Park yesterday. A manticore, some Earthborn, and hellhounds." Nico hesitated. "How's Will?"

Hazel smiled. "Good. He was part of a scouting party along with Cecil, Lou, and Miranda the other day. They found some drakon tracks, so the younger campers aren't allowed in the woods or out of the shield without supervision."

"Hazel!" Frank appeared on the screen. "Who are you-oh, hi Nico."

"Frank." Nico nodded. "How's New Rome?"

"Good. Some of the people from Camp Half-Blood brought pegasi over, and Hazel's been teaching them cavalry fighting."

"Frank!" Hazel blushed. "It was no trouble."

"Mr. di Angelo, the Avengers are requesting your presence." JARVIS's cool voice spoke through the speakers in Nico's room.

"Who's that?" Hazel asked, squinting up at Nico's side of the Iris Message.

"Nobody important. But I have to go now, so I'll talk to you later, okay?"

Hazel and Frank nodded, and so Nico sliced a hand through the floating screen and let it dissolve. "Alright, JARVIS, what floor are they on?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nico stepped out of the elevator to a rather strange scene, at least by normal standards.

The Avengers were all sitting on the couch, with an enormous bowl of popcorn in the middle. The rest of the surfaces were covered in Silly String, and a vase appeared to have been smashed.

"Oh, good," Tony-not just Stark anymore-said. "You're here. Now we can start the movie!"

Nico took a seat beside Steve. "Movie?"

"Well, I did promise. And I want to scare Steve."

The super soldier frowned at him as Clint tossed a piece of popcorn up in the air and caught it in his mouth. "We already picked it out, so get comfortable."

As it turned out, the movie that had been selected was Insidious 2. Nico had already seen it, because Percy once paid for an Iris message that went for the entire movie. He had gotten the Seven, Reyna, Nico, Will, the Stolls, Calypso, and a few other campers to watch it.

Nico and Hazel thought that it was hilarious and made fun of it the whole way.

As it turned out, Steve was not as scared of the monsters, ghosts, and demons as he let on. Apparently, at least according to Clint, he had been tricked enough times by Tony for it to no longer effect him.

But Clint still screamed like a scared little girl whenever there was a jump scare. Natasha was constantly smacking him and telling the archer to stop being such a big baby.

Tony was even worse. Bruce would watch him with an amused and disapproving eye whenever he screeched and tried to hide. The doctor thought that the terrified billionaire was one of the funniest things he had ever seen, and honestly Nico couldn't blame him.

When the movie was over, the ghost king had an idea. He pulled some of the shadows from the corner and made a large shape that blocked the hallway to the elevator.

Let the fun begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Little did Nico know, that far away another being was thinking the same thing.