Chapter Six

So sorry for the wait! I had a flash of inspiration for a book that I am writing, one that I hope will be published on day. As such, I forgot all about updating. Pwease forgwive me? *bats puppy dog eyes*
------------------------------------------------------
Nico looked around Stark tower. It looked like something that a child of Annabeth and Leo would design (now there's a disturbing thought).
Sparkling computers and other (hopefully monster proof) pieces of machinery decorated the entire place. Stark raised his arms dramatically.
"Home sweet home! Hello JARVIS."
"Hello sir," a British voice answered.
Nico's head snapped up, and he rested a hand on his sword. "Who is that?"
Banner passed him. "That's JARVIS," he replied. "He's an AI, an Artificial Intelligence."
"May I ask your name, sir?" JARVIS asked.
"Nico," the ghost king answered reluctantly. "Nico di Angelo."
Rodgers noticed his discomfort. "It took me a while to get used to him too. I guess when you're a part of the past, it kind of sticks with you."
Nico caught up to him. "What do you mean, "a part of the past?""
"I though that you already knew about us," Rodgers raised an eyebrow.
"Just your names and abilities."
"Well, then you should probably know that I'm not exactly from here. This time period, I mean. I, well, fell into the ice during World War II, and the next thing I knew..." he sighed. "I was waking up and all of the doctors around me were saying that I had been asleep for years and it was now 2012."
Nico halted. His friends had neglected to tell him that Steve Rodgers was another soul out of time. It was probably on purpose, knowing Percy.
He looked at the soldier. For the first time he thought of him by his first name.
It was just a habit that he had gotten into; think of somebody by either their last name or their first and last names until you can trust them.
------------------------------------------------------
Nico followed JARVIS's instructions until he got to a room. It's door was unlocked, and he went inside.
The room was huge, maybe the size of the entire Hades cabin.
The walls were dark grey, which he was appreciative of. The bedspread was black and other dark colors, another blessing.
Some other doors led off to the side, and when Nico opened them he found a large closet and a spacious bathroom.
The ghost king tossed his stuff down on the bed, methodically unpacking. He set a sketch pad and some pencils down on the bedside table, so that he could reach them easily. Drawing was a hobby that he recently took up at Jason's urging (read: pestering).
"Sir, I believe that the Avengers would like your company for dinner."
Nico sighed. "Tell them that I will be right there."
He left the room, then realized that he had no idea where the elevator was.
"Um, JARVIS-"
"Down the hallway and to the right, sir."
"Thank you."
------------------------------------------------------
The son of Hades walked out to see six hungry superheroes all eyeing several large pizzas.
As soon as Nico sat down, they all lunged in a tangle of hands. Waiting for an opening, Nico grabbed a slice of cheese and started to eat.
Romanoff looked over at him.
"I'm impressed," she commented. "Most people would lose a limb."
"I'm not most people," the ghost king muttered.
Banner looked as if he were about to say something, so Nico beat him to it.
"Question, Dr. Banner?"
He adjusted his glasses. "After dinner, could I give you a medical exam? It would help me understand what being a demigod does to someone's body, as well as help us treat you in the future."
The teen considered it for a moment. "Fine. But nothing too painful."
------------------------------------------------------
Okay, that's where I'm going to leave it. But I do have a quick question: how many of you guys would be interested if I did a some quick character profiles for my original book?
Thanks! Goodbye my dragonlings.