chapter 28

I wake up the next morning. I have a break from school for two months. I head down the stairs into the living room to watch some tv. The news is on " last night a couple that were walking in an alley, found a man on the ground dead with two holes in his neck, some people think it's an animal attack. Hopefully they find the animal or person who did this. " The lady says. "Well that is just terrible. " My mom says. " Yeah it sucks. " I say. I get hungry so I head outside and walk somewhere. I look around for some food but I can't find anything. I finally get a scent from someone and their blood smells really good. I follow their scent. it leads me to a boy with brown hair and brown eyes. I want to attack him but something about him makes me not attack him. I walk past the boy. " Hello. " He says. " Hi.  I say. I walk off, I continue to look for someone. I finally found someone, luckily they were alone and nobody was around. I walk up to them and I attack the person, I kill them then dig my fangs into their neck. Once they are dead, I bury their body.  I head back home back home and walk in the house. " oh my god natalie your lip is bleeding. " my mom says. I wipe off my mouth, blood was on my hand. " I'm fine, I just bit my lip thats all. " I say. I walk up to my room. I lock my door for some alone time. The next day I'm walking around my block, and I bump into the same boy yesterday. " oh I'm sorry.... uh. " " It's natalie. " I say. " natalie, I like it. my name is liam. " The boy says. " nice to meet you liam. " I say. " I'd like to get to know you sometime, I just moved her and I need someone to help me around. " liam says. " ok, I'll help you around. " I say. " thanks. " liam says. " How old are you. " I ask. " I'm 16. " liam says. " me to. " I say. I write down my number so he could call me so I know where we can meet up, I hand it to him and walk away. I head inside my house, I go into the living room with my two little sisters, amy and brooke. " hey natalie. " brooke says. " oh. hey brooke. "  I say. " natalie whats wrong you are usually the cheerful one, now you are acting strange, whats going on. " brooke asks. " there is nothing wrong, I just have a lot of things on my mind. " I say. " even when you did have things on your mind you would always brush it off and be a cheeful and fun person now you're boring. " brooke says. I get really mad and my eyes go black but I look away so she doesn't notice. " please don't get me mad brooke. " I say, trying to control myself. " well, it is true. you have changed into someone else, but please tell me whats going on, I want to kno-. " ENOUGH. " I yell really loud and my eyes are still full black, brooke see's them and she backs away. "  yo- yo- your eyes are full bl- bl- black. " brooke stutters. I calm myself down, and they go back to normal. " It's just something with my eyes when I'm mad they turn black, it's normal. " I say. I pull her in a hug. " I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you, I just got so mad, I'm sorry. " I say. " it's ok. " I say. Our mom walks in the house back from the store with a lot of bags. " brooke, natalie, can you guys help me with the bags. " yes mom. " we both say. I walk out of the car, with four bags in each hand. " isn't that heavy. " brooke asks. " it's barely even heavy. " I say. We both walk inside of the house, we set the bags down in the kitchen, we run outside to grab more. brooke trips over something, and falls to the ground. She looks at her leg, and it's bleeding pretty bad. I hold myself back, but her blood smells really good, it's hard to control myself, my eyes go to my plain color to red. I sit down right next to her. she looks right into my eyes, I can tell she is scared, she backs away slowly. I hear mom running over, my eyes go back to normal. I run in the house, lock my door, and I'm freaking out. Great now she is gonna tell mom, then she will want to turn me in or kill me herslef. I hear a knock on the door. I stay where I'm at, I don't bother to open the door. " natalie open the door it's me brooke. " brooke says. I walk over to the door and let her in. I close the door fast and lock it. " I know what you are, but don't worry, I'm not gonna tell mom. Can you tell me how this happened. " brooke asks. I tell her the story, and she feels terrible for me, I start to get tired so I tell her I'm gonna head to bed, she gives me a hug, then walks out of the room. I slip into bed, and go to sleep.