seventeen

[Sean's POV]

I practically fell out of my seat when I saw that Mark had uploaded another video, it was called 'Markiplier Emergency Surgery Update'. I set down my food and clicked on the video, my heart was racing at the thought of him having to have emergency surgery, it sounded pretty serious.

As I watched the video I learnt that Mark had a blockage in his intestines and that's what was causing him the problems, I couldn't help but smile when he began talking quite doctor like, 'small bowl destruction formed by scar tissue from pervious surgery'.

When the video ended I sat back in my chair and sighed deeply, I just wanted to be there with him, trying to cheer him up and let him know that everything is going to be okay. He did that for me and I want to return the favour, it's just a shame that he's so far away from me. I'd sit my his bedside day and night, dedicating all my time to him. He deserved attention and lots of care, and by the looks of it, he was getting it from his family and the doctors.

I finished eating my food and dumped my bowl in the dishwasher, pulling my phone from my pocket and deciding to text Daithi and Mark (separately obviously). I clicked on my messages with Daithi and typed,

Jackaboy: Daithiiiii! How's America so far?  Ireland seems a little quiet without you haha, I hope you're enjoying yourself dude 😄✨

I hit send and clicked onto Mark's messages,

Jackaboy: Hello you. I've just watched your new video, it sounded painful 😟 I hope they're treating you well buddy, I just wish I could be there to help. Have the doctors said anything else? 💚

I placed my phone on my desk and ran down the stairs after hearing the doorbell ring, I pulled it open and smiled at Mike, the postman from our area.

"Morning Sean, I've got two letters and a package for you. I just need you to sign here," He said, handing me his little device. I scribbled my signature and handed it back to him, retrieving the letters and package. I said goodbye and shut the door, heading back up into the living room. I took a seat and opened the letters, groaning slightly. I should have guessed it would have been bills.

I threw them onto the table and grabbed my package, ripping it open and smiling widely at the contents. Before digging in, I picked up the letter and quickly read through it. The creators of The Escapists had sent me some merchandise, which was extremely kind considering I hadn't played the game in a while. I ran to my bedroom and grabbed my phone, noticing that I had two replies to my messages. I took a picture of the gifts and instagrammed the picture, feeling excited.

Once I had finished, I sat down and read my text messages.

Daithi: You're always full of jokes aren't you? Haha. America's great, loving it so far. I'm still getting used to my surroundings though and I doubt Ireland's quiet with you there. How you feeling?

Jackaboy: I'm the joke master, bow down. I'll have to organise a visit up there to see you! I'm not bad, more worried about Mark than anything

I hit send and moved down to Mark's texts,

Markimoo: Hey, it is painful 😟 It was a lot worse when it first hit me because I didn't know what was going on. I've not heard much else from the doctors, they just want me to relax. They're treating me fine but I wish it was you here, I'd be more comfortable 💙

Jackaboy: Aw dude 😟 I wouldn't wish any pain upon you so it hurts me knowing that you're hurting. Relaxing is the easiest thing to do so go for it! 💚

Markimoo: I've seen you hurting a lot more than I am now Sean, I'm going to be okay though, stop worrying silly. You text me saying 'it's time' the other day - explain? 💙

Jackaboy: I'm still sorry for that 😟 Your hurting is a lot more serious than mine though, you have a valid reason to not want to do anything. I can't not worry. + I sat down to record a new video but I barely got past the intro because I got told about you in hospital 💚

Markimoo: Stop apologising. We both have valid reasons to hurt 😌 can I ask you to do something for me Sean, please? 💙

Jackaboy: Anything 💚

Markimoo: Can you return to YouTube? Don't let me being in hospital stop you from uploading, I want to see your channel up and running again. Can you please upload today, for me? 💙

I hesitated slightly as my thumbs hovered over my keyboard, I badly wanted to return to YouTube and make Mark happy but I'm still going to be focusing more on him and his health. I walked back into my bedroom and looked at my recording gear, it was all set up and ready to record but I still want certain. I sat down in my chair and opened up Happy Wheels, biting my lip anxiously.

Jackaboy: Mark, you know I'd do anything to see you happy but I don't know 😟 I want to, really bad, but I'm worried about you and your health. What if I get back into it and something happens and I just have to stop? 💚

Markimoo: I promise you that if anything happens to me, you have permission to stop. I don't want to pressure you into returning but you were ready and I want to see more of your content 😊 just think about it 💙

I ran my fingers through my fringe and shuffled in my seat, opening the viewfinder on my camera and looking at myself. I was going to do it. I knew I could. I did the usual setting up for my recording and clapped my hands before once again, recording my intro.

"TOP OF THE MORNIN ' TO YA LADDIES! MY NAME IS JACKSEPTICEYE AND WELCOME BACK TO HAAAAAAPPY WHEELS!" I cheered at the camera, I explained that I was going to play fan made levels and continued to record.

I felt an overwhelming feeling from the happiness I was experiencing, it was so good being back here at my desk recording. It had been an extremely long time since I did this and I missed it a lot, the feeling of actually connecting with people around the world while doing something I loved was the best. Not only that, but also being the voice in the background for the people that needed it the most. It was a beautiful feeling and there was definitely going to be no turning back, two videos were going up today and I was certain.

-------
QOTC: where were you when you found out Mark was in hospital?  (IRL)