Moriarty and his Apple

Blood pulsated through his veins as Sherlock circled around him, reaching the climax of his almighty deduction. And he'd gotten it all right. Again.

Moriarty sighed, Sherlock's voice always slowed whenever he was nearly done, and as the last 'k' clicked off of the detective's tongue, he was happy that it was finally over. He was going to let him go, anyway. Sherlock was too fun to play with to warrant actually killing him. However...

He watched as Sherlock bent over, reaching for the fruit bowl. Suddenly, his eyes widened as he realised what the detective was about to do.

The crisp crunch of the apple met his eardrums, and Moriarty's eye twitched.

"You're eating my apple." He said, voice cracking slightly as he watched his favourite fruit be torn apart by Sherlock's teeth.

"Hm?" He asked, wiping the juice on his sleeve.

"My apple." Moriarty spoke again, only this time his voice was quieter. "You're eating it."

Sherlock raised his eyebrow.

"So?" He responded thickly through a mouthful of fruit. "Get another one."

Moriarty fell silent. "Nobody eats my apples. Sebastian," he called into the darkness, "show him what he gets tearing me away from my beloved."

"Your what?" Sherlock asked, but a moment later a gun shot sounded and he swore angrily, falling to the floor as the bullet collided with his body.

Calmly, Moriarty peeled the apple out of his growing-colder hand, and towered over him, brandishing the fruit in his face.

"Nobody," he warned, "steals my apples."

And then Sherlock died.