Spider

It was in the bath. Just sitting there, looking extremely bored and a little bit tied. John wondered how many attempts the poor creature had had of trying to clamber up the sides but with no prevail, and how long it would take for Sherlock to come to terms with the fact that it was just a spider.

"But look at it," John tried, trying to get the detective to see sense. "It's tiny."

From his cowering position behind the bathroom door, Sherlock seethed silently.

"It's not tiny, it's bloody enormous and I won't tolerate it being in the bath when I need a shower. Get rid of it." Sherlock scorned, turning his nose up at the very done looking spider.

"Sherlock," John laughed. "It's just a spider. It's the size of my thumb nail." He held up his thumb for Sherlock to see, but Sherlock didn't seem at all interested.

"Just get rid of it, please?" Sherlock begged, clutching on to the door handle as he fearfully watched the spider. John chuckled to himself before putting out his hands and scooping it up with one swift movement. Behind him, Sherlock yelped and flattened himself further into the wall.

With his hands firmly locking the spider in place, John turned around with a grin. Sherlock looked petrified.

"Do you want to see?" John offered, smiling wryly. Sherlock shook his head furiously. "Are you sure...?"

He took a step forward, and Sherlock quickly climbed onto the toilet seat before John and spider could advance.

"If you put that spider anywhere near me, you'll face death very early." Sherlock warned, although the stammer in his voice betrayed him.

"Will I?" John teased, taking another step forward and lifting out his arms so that they were closer to Sherlock, who was now desperately trying to climb onto the cistern and knocking the toilet paper off in the process.

"Please!" Sherlock screamed, looking away and shutting his eyes. "I don't like spiders!"

John laughed, lowering his hands.

"Alright, fine," he said, shrugging. "It's going out the window. Happy?"

At that, Sherlock nodded. Although it wasn't until John was back and without the spider that he came down from the toilet seat.