CHAPTER 33

Chapter 34, 35 & 36 available on scrollstack ✨

1K+ votes
Otherwise you will get new chapter after 4 days!!

Do inline comments!!

The lights flashed in vibrant colors, the beats pounded in my chest, and I felt the thrill of the music coursing through my veins as I danced

For a moment, I let myself get lost in it, moving freely and letting my body speak to the rhythm.

But then, out of the corner of my eye, I saw Kiara.

A wave of irritation bubbled inside me, and without thinking, I pushed her.
Not hard.
Just a little nudge.
She deserved it, I told myself.

But before I could process my emotions any further, Veer appeared.

His presence had a way of anchoring me. He came toward me with a smile that reached his eyes.

I couldn't hear him over the music, but I saw his lips move as he said something. I shook my head, signaling that I couldn’t make out his words.

He responded by pulling me closer, his hand firm around my waist as he guided me away from the crowd.

The world felt softer now, quieter, as the music dimmed.

"Bas kro, Jaan," he murmured, his voice tender and full of concern.

"Ho gya, thak jaaogi." I froze for a moment, the words sinking in.

He called me Jaan.

My heart fluttered, like thousands of butterflies had been set free in my chest.

I smiled at him, feeling the ache in my feet as reality hit me.

I was tired, so tired.

These heels weren’t helping, and I cursed myself silently.

Why did I always feel the need to wear them?

My height insecurity nagged at me. The lehenga always looked better on tall girls.

But right now, none of that mattered. I let out a small sigh and nodded in agreement, stopping the dance.

As we paused, I realized we had wandered away from the dance floor. The music faded behind us, and I spotted a chair nearby.

Gratefully, I sank into it, feeling the weight of the evening settle on my shoulders.

Veer, always attentive, came beside me, carrying Ira in his arms. She looked exhausted, her little body drooping after all the dancing she had done.

He kissed her forehead softly, and she nuzzled into his chest, seeking the warmth and comfort only he could give.