I'm Not Good Enough

You stare at the computer screen, willing the words to come. Hands on the keyboard, you start to type but stop. A terrible fear sets in: what if you're not good enough?

      What if no one will publish you?

      What if everyone thinks you can't write?

     What if someone thinks your ideas are stupid?

     What if you don't have enough money to self-publish?

     What if...?

    You snap the laptop shut and feel defeated. What were you thinking? You could never make it in the publishing world.

   Did God really call me?

   What if God doesn't want me to write right now?

    How do I know if writing is really my calling?

   All the questions seem valid. You'd thought God had put a calling on your life. You could've just been wrong. Besides, your parents thought you wouldn't be able to make a living on writing... and that teacher said you couldn't write.

    Is God trying to tell me that I should quit?

    ****

    Every Christian author faces doubts, faces fears, and faces opposition. A dream I personally hold close to my heart is to publish a book. Like so many others, I have the desire rooted deep in my soul. Lately, I've been having a lot of fear as I plan out a book.

    I said to God, What if no one likes me?

     I heard him respond clearly, "I like you."

   Those three simple words were so encouraging. And they're not just for me. They're for you, too. God loves it when we pursue our dreams. If the dream is from Him, He'll take us places we've never thought we could go!

    You will probably never have a lot of clarity on what to do. Often God's will seems as close as the moon. But instead of praying for clarity, pray that you will trust the Lord enough to do what He says when He says it. 

      If you're unsure writing is your calling, that's okay, too. God will show you. Don't get stressed over this. Pray and He will answer.

      Sometimes God is telling us that it is a "season of preparation" as Joyce Meyer says. One day you may write a book, but maybe God is saying, "No," for now.

       It is INCREDIBLY important that you ask God what His will is. Not only are His plans better, but they're for the best.

       So please trust the Lord, friend. I'm so happy you wish to use your gift for Him. Don't give up. God is holding you in His hand. He's got a plan.

      Keep writing for Jesus, friends.

     *****

    Please comment and vote! <3

   - Katrina