Chapter 3

Chapter 3

 The following morning, the first thing Angel did after she awoke was check her emails. Well not her emails, but those that belonged to her Uncles dating site. She needed to see if there were any bites. The hook dangled overnight and her computer was going off none stop, letting her know every time a new message arrived. Not being a person prone to popularity, the dings could only mean one thing. Her line was full of women.

Smiling as she made her way to the kitchen, Angel decided to use the laptop that was on the table. She knew her uncle would be getting ready for work, this way it would be easy to pick his brain. With her special ninja skills, he would never figure out he was giving her the ammo she needed to find the perfect mom for her.

That thought made her stop in her tracks. Where the hell had that come from? No. No. No. She was not looking for a mom for herself. She was looking for a wife for her uncle. Feeling a little deflated after she reached the kitchen. Angel sat and grabbed the laptop just as her uncle entered.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"So what are you doing today short stack?" David tried to think of something to talk to Angel about. She seemed to be very moody lately. He understood it was probably because he hadn't been around much. Yet it couldn't be helped.

His life had been thrown into a tailspin over the last 6 months. I mean, it wasn't like he wasn't trying. He had been working on his last three cases. At this point, he was close to wrapping things up. As the youngest partner in the firm, he had the luxury of taking time off to be with her. He just had to finish his cases and was not going to pass them off to someone else.

That didn't place Angel in second place by any means. He still made it home no later than 7 o'clock. She got home from the school close to 4 pm so she was only alone three hours. So why did he feel like the worst caretaker in the world? It didn't help that Angel was just so damn moody. It seems like she just sits around trying to think up ways to piss him off.

David took a breath while running his fingers through his hair. Things will be different once the caseload was lighter. "I was thinking, it being Friday and all. Do you want to go out and have dinner tonight? I'll even let you pick the place." There, the effort was made.

She looked at him with that same intense look his brother had. Thoughts of his brother made his heartache. Almost ten years his senior, they had still been close. Well if you don't count the fact that he was treated like a slave. He smirked remembering that he was always the one who had to change the channels on the TV, get another pop from the fridge. Take the fall when something broke, cracked or chipped.

Now here he was, trying so damned hard to figure out a way to help Angel. She refused to go to therapy. Another smile touched his lips as he remembered her reasoning for not going. "I am very sad and hurt Uncle David, but I will cope my own way. You have to realize that people and things do not live forever. Will you try to put me in therapy if my dog dies too?"

Not understanding why she said her dog since she didn't have one. They started a dialogue about what her reasoning meant. That was when she asked him for a dog. Six months later, he had yet to cave. Yet summer break was approaching in a couple of weeks. Maybe it's time she had a pet. It might keep her busy and maybe even make her happy.

~*~*~*~*~*~

Angel had one eye on her uncle and the other on the screen. She opened the first message, it seemed there was an attachment to it. Before opening the attachment, Angel decided to investigate what this woman had to say. So she scrolled down to read the comment.

Hi,

My name is Barbie and I thought your picture was HOT. I like that you're a Lawyer since I like pretty sparkly things. OMG, silly I'm not a gold-digger. I just have had the luck of having men want to buy me things a lot. (Shrugging as I twirl my hair) it's just that some of the men did not have the means and well, got into trouble getting the money to buy me things. That's why I joined this place. It makes it easier to see who has, well what I need.

But you probably make a lot of money so I won't worry. Now about your brother's daughter, it's cool. She can be like my little sister and stuff. We can go shopping at Victoria Secrets and I can teach her all my tricks. I've always wanted a little sister. Well, that is if she's you know (my real sister is not pretty like me so she bums me out) like me :)

Anyway, I have attached a picture of me and know 100% for sure you will call me. So I expect to hear from you today..... Smooches, for now, you hunky stud you.

Lick you later,

Barbie

Holy crap, no freaking way. Was she really reading this? How in the hell can someone be so? "You ok there short stack?" Angel looked up at her uncle and realized her mouth had been hanging open.

"Can I ask you a question, Uncle David?" Angel looked at her uncle not sure how to even put this woman into words. He smiled as he grabbed his coffee and took a seat across from her, "shoot."

Ok, here goes nothing she thought. "Would you ever date a woman who kind of asked how much money you make, because she requires or expects you to buy her pretty things?" The anticipation of his answer was killing her.

"Not many men like women like that. Yet there are a lot of women like that in this world. Most of the times, it all depends on looks. Me personally, no. Women like that don't interest me." Angel let out the breath she was holding and pondered his response.

It did make sense to Angel since school seemed to be about the same way. It was ruled by the way people looked. Curiosity won out as her uncle went to his room to finish getting ready for work. She made sure he was really in his room and then ran back to the kitchen. After clicking on the attachment. Once again her jaw dropped open. "You have got to be freaking joking." Angel thought as she looked at the picture of a woman that was more naked than dressed.

She was wearing what can only be called a micro bikini. Only three little squares of cloth covered her private areas. She muttered, "I could not believe a woman would really objectify herself this way." Didn't she have any self-respect? Her disbelief turned into a smirk as she deleted the picture. This woman was going into the hell freaking no pile. Then Angel smiled as her fingers proceeded to type back.

Dear Gold-digger Barbie,

It really saddens me to see women leaving nothing to the imagination. As you have deduced, the fact that I am a Lawyer means I am stinking rich. But my money is used for grander things than being spent on a piece of plastic like you.

I know that this letter may stump that micro-brain of yours so I propose this addendum. I will spend money on you. Only enough to get you a dictionary. For I feel some of the verbiage and the perfusion of words, I have bestowed upon that miniature brain of yours may cause you to short circuit.

Just in case my point has not gotten across to you. OMG, do not contact me...........

Sincerely,

Mr. I would need to be shrink-wrapped head to toe if I ever were to allow you to lick any part of me.

After reading what her fabulous brain had written, Angel sent off the email and blocked the Gold diggers sorry ass. It was clear then why they had a block button. After logging out and laughing all the way to her room she came to a decision. She would delete any messages that came from a Candy, Barbie, Trixie, Pixy and whatever silly name these women used.

She knew it only made her like them, she was lumping them all into one category. Yet after this first experience, Angel was taking no chances. Her time was way too valuable for this. Before leaving, her Uncle David set up a time for their dinner date. She was happy for now, yet still felt disappointed at the first response from the website. Maybe she needed to reword the site and add a picture where her uncle was in a three-piece suit and not in his gym gear.

It was then that she realized her Uncle David was picking her up at school. It would need to be done before her bedtime. With a new plan of action, Angel headed to school whistling. Tonight she would be deleting 67 emails and starting over. Tonight a hook will be set with a less sexy bait. Angel felt herself gag at the thought.