Chapter 4

Cheree's POV

The next day at school had been, well, uneventful. That's just the way I liked it. It's almost surreal — no Brooklyn, no London. A frown made its way on my face. It was too perfect. Something was up.

"Alright class, there are about 25 minutes left until class is over. The cabinet in the back, behind Cheree. Your U.S History textbooks..." The door swung open to reveal a completely pissed Brooklyn and an equally pissed off looking Assistant Principal Jones.

"Sorry to interrupt your lecture Mr. Goldman, but Miss Jameson here will be in your class for the rest of the semester," AP Jones said.

Brooklyn's eyes roamed the classroom, and when they locked onto mine, the scowl she'd been sporting on her beautiful face was replaced with her infamous smirk. I rolled my eyes and stared down at my binder.

"Brooklyn, please take the empty seat at the back of the room." Oh no. No, no, no, no. That empty seat was next to...

"Sup, shrimp?" Brooklyn asks coolly, slipping slyly into the desk next to me.

I scowled at her then returned my attention the front of the class.

Brooklyn

*One hour earlier*

I was on a mission. That's right — mission find-London-fucking-Carlos-and-beat-her-ass. Lucky for me, the little whore was in my next class. Walking into American History, I saw her sitting smack-dab in the middle row. Luckily, there was still another 6 minutes left in between classes. London was reading some gossip magazine, completely oblivious to my presence. Which was about to be out of her hands in 3..2..1...

"What the fuck?!" London shouted, staring down at the magazine I just so kindly smacked out of her hands.

"How ya doin', Carlos? Good, yeah?" I asked her, sarcasm evident in my voice.

"What the hell do you want, Brooklyn?" she fumed, glaring at me.

At that point, I was just fucking pissed, so I went a little cray...

I grabbed a fistful of her hair and yanked her head back, making her hiss out in response. I moved my face close to hers until our noses were nearly touching.

"If you ever touch her again, I will make sure every fucking person in this school knows your little fucking secret. Don't want everyone to find out little-miss-perfect deals a little on the side, now, do we?" I taunted, in a calm collected voice. Watching her eyes go wide in response, I gave her one last tug and roughly released her.

I turned to go take my seat in the back of the room and froze when I heard her call out to me.

"Now, now, Brooky. Your threats mean nothing to me. Don't want everyone finding out about your little crush on a certain socially awkward, shy nerd, now, do we?" This bitch doesn't learn.

In a flash I was beside her, yanking her out of her desk and throwing her to the ground. I straddled her body and punched her in the face. Before I got the chance to hit that stupid smug face of hers again, someone grabbed my wrist and pulled me up.

"Jesus, blondie, anger problems much?!" The bitch from yesterday appeared.

"WHAT IN HOLY HEAVENS NAME IS GOING ON IN HERE!?" A voice loudly boomed behind us.

I swiftly turned around and noticed a crowd of students had gathered somewhere during this and Assistant Principle Jones joined as well.

"JAMESON. OFFICE. NOW!" With that, I glanced back at London and smirked at her busted lip.

* * *

"Brooklyn, what am I going to do with you?" AP Jones asked me, taking her glasses off and rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"Well, you could let me off with a warning. My dad would be super pissed if I got suspended..."

"Brooklyn, just because your dad is the head of the school board..."

"Please," I begged.

"Okay, fine. But I need to switch your 5th and 6th periods. Now you will have American History with Mr. Goldman 6th period and Physics in 5th with Mrs. Reynolds. I will escort you to Mr. Goldman' class. Let's get going. 6th period is almost over." She stood up.

I rolled my eyes, grabbed my bag, and followed her out of the office.

Walking down the hallway, a good foot behind AP Jones, I noticed London walking out of the bathroom smirking at me. I started to lunge at her before AP Jones grabbed my arm and pulled me away.

I roughly opened the door and walked in with AP Jones. She started talking and I scanned the room for any familiar faces. Right then I saw the beautiful girl at the back of the class, making my heart flutter in my chest. I removed my scowl and replaced it with a smirk. My day just got so much fucking better.

"Brooklyn, please take the empty seat at the back of the room." Oh, with pleasure. I noticed Cheree's eyes go wide for a split second.

"Sup, shrimp?" I asked, taking my seat. She scowled at me and looked at the front of the classroom.