Chapter 10

Brooklyn's POV

After shutting the door quietly behind me, I turned around and made my way towards the tiny girl laying in a fetal position in the middle of her floor, crying her heart out.

I really wanted to kill London. Like, really torture her.

"Cheree," I whispered, kneeling down to her. I gently tucked her beautiful brown curls behind her ear so I could get a better look at her goddess-like face. Even at her worst, she was still the most beautiful girl I'd ever laid eyes on.

I gently picked her up bridal style and walked over to her full-sized bed, placing her down gently. I hesitated before laying down beside her and wrapping my arms protectively around her waist. I stared at the back of her head for what seemed like hours until the sobbing calmed down.

"Why are you here, Brooklyn?" she asked almost inaudibly. I paused, thinking of the right words to tell her.

Fuck it.

"You know, there was this girl, freshman year, who bumped into me..."

*Three years ago*

I made my way down the hallway, late for class. It was only the second day of school and here I was running late because I just couldn't resist Dakota's fucking plump ass lips. Ugh...

One second I'm turning the corner, the next I'm wondering who the fuck had the nerve to bump into me and knock all my shit out of my hands onto the floor.

"For fuck's sake you inbred, watch where the hell—" I stopped as I looked into the bluest pair of eyes I'd ever seen. 

"I-I'm so s-sorry," she stuttered out, attempting to pick up all my things in the process. I just stared at this girl in awe. This short, tiny nerd just captivated me in the weirdest way, and my heart did this weird beating in my chest...

She finally managed to pick up my things and handed them to me. I stared blankly at her, trying to figure out why she was making me feel this way. She made eye contact with me for a split second, mumbled another apology, and ran off.

"Not long after that, I realized that shy, nerdy, introverted girl stole my heart without even knowing it the day she bumped into me." I stopped, waiting for her reply. Her breathing had calmed, and in the middle of me professing my undying feelings for this girl, she had her hand on top of my mine, our fingers interlaced.

Then she did something I would never have expected ever, and I mean fucking ever. She turned around in my arms, faced me and stared into my eyes. She leaned forward and kissed my cheek. She kissed my cheek. My heart was about to thud out of my chest. She then placed her head on my chest and curled up into me. With my arms still wrapped around her, she fell asleep.

That night, I fell asleep with the biggest fucking smile on my face and Cheree Lambert in my arms.

Cassidy's POV

What the fuck did I do? I threw myself into my bed and buried my face into my pillow. I almost lost control, again. It's been over a year since the last time I lost control. This is why I shouldn't drink. Not only did I almost lose control, I almost lost it in front of Cheree, the one person outside of my family I'd ever cared about. Shit, she was the first girl I'd ever had feelings for.

Yelling out in frustration into my pillow, I remembered her terrified expression. She was scared of me. The one thing I never wanted. If it was any other girl, I wouldn't have given any fucks. I had no idea how to make it up to her.

Layne's POV

I can't believe that heartless woman did that. I mean, I knew London was a cold-hearted bitch, but that was a low blow. And then, Brooklyn, mother fucking Brooklyn Jameson, protected my best friend. I knew that girl had some kind of feelings for Cheree.

"Hey, Brooke has been up there awhile. You think everything is alright?" Lindy asked me while picking up the last of the beer bottles and other trash. 

"Honestly, Cheree isn't alright. My best friend has been through... well, a lot, and after what that bitch just did, I wouldn't be surprised if she had trouble falling asleep tonight," I said, shaking my head. 

Lindy gave me a look of sympathy and concern. "Well, I do know one thing," she said with a slight chuckle. "My best friend has a thing for your best friend. So, London will be getting more than just a broken nose." We both laughed. "I think we should head up there and make sure everything is alright, just in case."

Lindy and I made our way up the stairs to Cheree's door. I slowly opened her bedroom door and gasped at what I saw. Brooklyn and Cheree were cuddled into each other, sleeping soundly.

"That is one of the most adorable things I have ever seen," Lindy whispered in my ear. I shook my head and smiled. Maybe Brooklyn could fix my broken best friend. I just hoped she wouldn't break her heart.

Lindy and I let the two girls be and quietly left the room, shutting the door behind us.

Cheree's POV

I was awake but not wanting to open my eyes or move. The heat of the warm body kept me in place. Memories of last night came flooding back. I felt a pair of warm lips on my forehead and then retreat. I opened my eyes slightly to see Brooklyn's bright green eyes staring back at me. I could only smile at this.

I felt the vibrations of a chuckle deep in her chest. "Good morning," she mumbled in a quiet, husky sleepy tone. I closed my eyes again and cuddled closer to her body, absorbing more of her body heat. She pulled me even tighter into her embrace.

"I've been waiting so long to do this," she whispered. She kissed the top of my head again, sending me back into a deep slumber.

Brooklyn's POV

After Cheree fell back asleep, I couldn't help but stare at her. I couldn't believe that I finally got the chance to hold her. She was so warm and her skin was so soft and smooth. I shut my eyes and drifted into a deep slumber, hoping we could stay like this forever.