Høρε

Hey guys, I promised I would update another chapter and so here it is! Enjoy!

Signed,

~TheAnonymousEnigma

«·''·.(*·.¸('·.¸*IV. Hope *¸.·')¸.·*).·''·»

Hope is "to have a wish to get or do something or for something to happen or be true, especially something that seems possible or likely." At least that's what Microsoft 2010 says, but Microsoft has no emotions. It has no idea how much candor and sentiment that this statement holds. The thing about hope is that it is undying and infinite, even when you feel as though it has vanished from within you. It comes back at the most unforeseen times, and it canopies our adjudications. It can be a weakness or a dilution, which makes the whole notion a bit stymied, but do you know what the worst part of it is?

The fact that there are some people out there who are willing and sometimes even eager to take advantage of it, who are willing to watch it writher and silently scream in pain without any penitence whatsoever if it means getting what they aspire for. Hope can strengthen a person and cause them to be audacious enough to venture out of their comfort zone and let out those feelings that have been dormant for long intervals of time out. It even gives us the willingness to give someone you never thought you would know the opportunity to know your innermost thoughts; you know that someone who you know is so far out of your coalition, so far out of your reality that you feel as though it is a hoax if they even talk to you.

The one that you just wish that you were in their league, that they would turn around and fathom the fact that you have been there watching the whole time, that they would give you the time of day. I will try to give it up, but we all know how powerful it is, how even when we do not want it, we still have it. We know how much it hurts when we have it and how much it hurts when we don't. We all know that we are immobilized against it. We know that it is not our choice. We know that it leads us to do crazy things. We know that it dominates us not t. The other way around.

(¸.·'*
THAI

I had gone to the library, ireful and choleric at the situation at hand. I could not take my mind off of what had just occurred, and so I tried to read my calamities away, key word being tried. The rest of the day passed in a blur due to the fact that my cranium would not relieve me of my thoughts of him. I found myself fighting the part of me that was dwelling on the fact that he might actually be a nice guy and was genuinely trying to get to know me, and that I blew my chance.

The next day I had went to my locker and opened it and a light blue stationary note fell out. Inside it said:

1. Everyone deserves a chance.

2. I actually want to get to know you for you.

3. I didn't actually get involved in bets this time. It's just a rumor.

The note was not signed or dated, but I knew the origin of it. One word, Luis. I pondered the fact that maybe just maybe he liked me as a friend of course, but why would he just start trying to get to know me now. But what did I have to lose? Later that day when I found myself in the library for lunch, Luis strolled in like he owned the place, and everyone seemed to look at him. Everyone but me. I was too into my book to notice anything or anyone in my surroundings until I heard a familiar voice.

"Did you get my note?" I heard Luis say.

"Yep." I said, finally looking up from my book just enough to see his face.

"So what do you say? Are you going to give me a chance?" Luis said looking nervously at me, and I inwardly swooned at the look on his face but quickly break out of my reverie.

"So you are not a part of the apuestas going on this year?" He looked over from me surprised.

"¿Hablas español?" He said with an astonished look on his face.

"¡Cómo no! Now answer the question!" I answered back smugly in Spanglish. He still looked surprised, but turned around and looked me in the eyes.

"No, I am not a part of the apuestas this year; it was all just a rumor. I promise," He said, and I searched his eyes for any signs of dishonesty but found that his eyes were clouded with an unfathomable expression. I began to feel uneasy but quickly pushed it aside. Maybe I should have taken that as a sign, and maybe I should have followed my instincts, but I knew it was too late to take it back as soon as I said the words: "Alright, you have one chance." He quickly flashed me a smoldering smile and I smiled my famous coy smile right back to him.

"Alright, well then can we hang out over my house this Saturday then Thai?" He asked me, almost looking meek.

"Yeah, that'd be cool." I said as nonchalantly as I could, but on the inside I was jumping up and down like a kid on Christmas day. As the day went on, I was excited, but I was petrified about what the outcome of this whole situation might be. I had never been in a real relationship for obvious reasons, not saying that other curvy girls in my school did not, but I just had not found anyone who fancied me for me, so could I really just open myself up to a stranger who I technically just met? I had to remind myself that I was just hanging out with the guy, not dating him, and I most definitely did not have to tell him my life story. That thought comforted me, but the uneasiness in my stomach remained. I thought about cancelling on our plans right then and there, but I honestly could not bring myself to, whether it was because a part of me thought it was rude or I have wanted this chance for a year, I do not know. I just knew that it was too late to do anything now because I had given him my word, "one chance," and I was taught never to go back on my word. Something told me that I could not just ignore Luis either, for he was everywhere, and that fact alone would sure haunt me.

What have I gotten myself into?

So this chapter is over! Another chapter! This is the official 4th chapter and I am feeling proud of myself. However, I do know how long this story is going to be so wish me luck and comment, vote, and add this story to your favorites!

~TheAnonymousEnigma