Ch. 21

Ariana Hale

Life is full of struggles. No matter what you do, there's always gonna be a foul play in between. As for me, trying to kill Kira was just the most idiotic thing I could do. Well, I wasn't technically going to kill her, just hurt her... Really bad... Until she couldn't breathe... For a long period of time.

Not the point! After I ran from the warehouse, I went to the only place I thought I could go right now. I went to visit my dad.

Visiting hours were over. I had to sneek in, past doctors and security, which was for some reason fairly easy.

My dad didn't seem to be getting any better considering he was right where the explosion happened. If it wasn't for the door being there, he would be even worse than what he is now.

I gently grabbed his hand, watching as short raspy breaths, turned into long gentle breaths. I was taking his pain. It wouldn't last that long for him but it was enough to help him.

"Hey dad. Haven't really heard your voice in a long time. Would really like to hear it again", I laugh with silent tears coming down my face as I remembered my dad pushing me in a pool then laughing afterwards, "There's a lot that has gone on. And right now, you're the only person I can and want to talk to. So..." I sat down in one of the chairs.

"Where should I begin?" I whispered to myself.

*

I woke up to the sun shining in my face and a tapping noise in the room. I squinted my eyes to get use to the sunlight. I looked up seeing a nurse putting medicine in my dad.

"Good morning! Didn't think you were gonna wake up until late afternoon. You were up pretty late" she said smiling at me.

"Oh yeah. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to break a rule and sneak-"

"Don't worry Hun. I got you covered. But since you're awake, I'm gonna tell you go ahead and get to school. You're already late" she said tapping on her watch.

"Yeah sure. Just let me know if anything... I don't know, if any things happens with him" I told her folding the blanket that she must've put on me.

"Sure thing" she said. I kissed my dad on the forehead, sneakily grabbing his hand and taking pain away. I stayed there for a few seconds before pulling away with a grimace. I smiled one more time at the nurse before I walked away.

Since I didn't have my car with me, I had to run to my house. I took a quick shower. I put my hair in a messy bun. I got dressed in a purple shirt, black skinny jeans, and black stilettos. I slid my leather jacket on. If you're wondering, I own a lot of black skinny jeans.

I drove to school late. I had gotten a text from Stiles saying they stopped the dead pool, it was over. It didn't seem right.

I signed in my name in the front office before making my way to class. On the way there, a chemo-signal was floating in the air strongly. Fear.

I followed it around school, finding myself near the gym section. I listened for anything hearing a heart beat, beating a little too fast.

Someone was groaning really loud. It surprised no one heard. Well, there was barely anybody here. I sped walked down the hall turning into the gym. Where the guys workout.

There breathing heavily, a weight bar with about 300 pounds on it, was Liam who couldn't lift it. I ran forward grabbing the bar. I easily lifted it without a problem.

Liam sat up coughing a storm. I heard people come up behind me. I turned around seeing his friend Mason and the person beside him Scott. His eyes never left me only when I bent down near Liam's face.