Ch.6

Here's chapter 6 peeps. And yes it connects back to the original plotline like I promised. Hope you like it.

________

"So, the Walcott's were the first. At least the first that we know about. Four murders. Sean, his brother, and their parents. They were killed by a professional assassin called The Mute. Weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But then The Mute was killed by Peter Hale after he tried to blow up Derek with a Claymore mine. Next was Demarco. He delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car" Stiles said.

"And then last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson" I added.

"It's a dead pool. A hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded" Scott informed the sheriff as we talked around his desk. He looked at the paper filled with names of supernatural creatures. Luckily, I wasn't on there.

"Who found this list?" Sheriff asked.

"Lydia" Stiles and I said in unison.

"How?"

"She wrote it. Actually, she transcribed it" Stiles said.

"Of course, without realizing it" I added.

"Banshee?"

"Banshee" Stiles confirmed. One new thing learned; Lydia equals Banshee.

"Beautiful" Sheriff muttered, "All right, what are these numbers next to the names?" He asked.

"We're getting to that. First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key" Stiles said.

"Wait. You mean, like a... Like a key word?" Sheriff looked at his son questionably.

"It's actually a name" Stiles told him.

"Allison" Scott said in a wobbly voice. I looked at him concerned. I didn't know about this Allison chick but she seemed to make a huge impact on him. Hell, even them. Stiles had a distant look on his face and Sheriff Stilinski smiled sadly.

"Her name broke a third of the list" Stiles said to him.

"And now we think there's two other cipher keys" Scott told him. I chewed on my bottom lip but stopped when I heard a low growl that I would only be able to hear. I looked at Scott to see him staring at me. I smiled innocently and turned my attention back to the desk.

"Which will give us the rest of the names. Okay, so how do we get the cipher keys?" Sheriff asked. I looked up at him.

"Same way we got the code" I muttered.

"Lydia. She's been out at the lake house all weekend trying to find the other two key words" Stiles said to him.

"You didn't know about Demarco or Carrie. Hmm? And what about these other two names on the list? Uh, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town. They werewolves too?"

"I don't know. But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here" Scott told him. Nemeton? It's here?

"Here being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is just under 30,000" Sheriff told us.

"And dropping..." I blurted out. He gave me a stern look before continuing.

"But if we're talking Beacon County, then you're looking at close to 500,000. Look, how many werewolves, banshees, kitsunes and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names but 100?"

"We don't think there would be that many. There's a limit" Stiles told him. I failed to notice that I subconsciously moved closer to Scott. And he moved closer to me. One word; awkward.