Chapter 2:

~

Stay for the night,

I wanna show you what the real you is like (Oh oh ohh)

Turn back the time,

I'm only living when you're here in my life

And now you're leaving

~

Ross had insisted that he brought Fish dinner, he was the least he could do. They both walked with brown paper parcels from a food outlet. Choosing to have Indian before the party.

"Do you wanna get changed at mine?" Ross asked as a car drove in their direction and parked in front of the two.

"Sure. Wh-why is there a car here? And why is the driver looking at us?" Fish panicked.

"Chill. Before when you were ordering I texted my brother to come pick us up." Ross chuckled and opened the back door and Fish slid in.

"What's up chicka?" The brunette, Rocky, said who was starting the car up again. "Ross thought it would be a good idea, and it's much quicker to drive back home than catch the bus again. Sorry I disrupted your little date." Rocky smirked in the review mirror.

"It's fine." Fish said bucklering up in her seat belt. "It was starting to become quite chilly anyways."

"Dude, I told you. Stop calling it a date." Ross blushed as he sat down next to his brother.

"Yeah yeah. Whatever Rossy." Rocky said and pinched Ross' cheek and then started to drive off.

~*~

"Rydel's room is the third one to the left. Just get changed in there." Ross said pointing down the hall way.

"Thanks." Fish smiled and slowly opened the door knob. "Oh my god. I'm so sorry." Fish said as she spotted Ellington and Rydel having a full on make up session. I mean, Rydel's top was off, Ellington was on top of her. Fish ran out and slammed the door shut and went to fine the nearest bathroom. Fish walked into a room with a double bed in it and numerous photos frames of young children in it. Fish found a bathroom and placed her bag on the dresser and unzipped it, pulling out her pink and white playsuit she had packed. She heard footsteps just as she was getting undressed, so she immediately pulled the playsuit over her head but on of her bobby pins got caught in the playsuit.

"Oh hi dear. I don't believe we've met." A female voice said and removed the bobby pin from Fish's hair.

"Thanks." She muttered. "Fish." She said picking up her life guard gear off the ground and shaking the women's hand "Ross said I could get changed in here." Fish said awkwardly.

"Of course." The woman said and grinned. "Stormie."

"Oh like the weather." Fish said and then embarrassedly looked down. "Sorry, it's jsut everyone plays corny jokes on people, and It was just the perfect time to do it." Fish smiled.

"No worries dear. You're the first one to even say that around me. Everyone's scared of me." Stormie said and Fish gave her a look of sympathy.

"Hey Mom. Have you seen- Oh there you are. I'll show you around the house before you start to stumble into drunk people." Ross said dragged Fish out of the bathroom and she waved good bye to Stormie.

"So, this is Riker and Rocky's room. And this is the lounge room, and this is the kitchen, and you've already been into Rydel's room." Ross said. Fish probably won't ever tell Ross what she witnessed in that room.

"Cool. Yeah, Okay." Fish would say once Ross had shown her every room of the house and every marking on the wall. "So if you need to go to the bathroom, you passed Rydel's room and then you turn left at the green marking on the wall and there you are." Ross said. "It's just so you don't have to use my parents. Mom keeps expensive perfume in there." Ross said and Fish nodded.

"Cool." Fish said as Ross opened another room.

"And this is where I sleep, with Ryland. My younger brother. I'm not the youngest. Ryland is. I'm the youngest in the band." Ross said and Fish raised an eyebrow.

"Okay then." she said looking away and saw the names 'Ross' and 'Ryland' were written on the wall.

"I'm just going to freshen up." Ross tells Fish and walks to the bathroom. Fish has nothing else to do but look at the record collection and admire the items of male clothing carelessly thrown amongst the ground.

"So, you know. If your parents can't pay rent, you're happy to stay here if you want. You can even bring some of your siblings." Ross said scaring Fish and she dropped a vinyl.

"Oh n-no it's okay. I usually stay at Stevie's." Fish said and placed her hands in her playsuit. Fish crinkled up her nose. "I smell food!" She said excitedly and then ran out even though she didn't even know how to get around the house, let alone, knowing where the food was being cooked.

"Alright. Calm down kids." Mark said hushing the noisy crowd. "Shrimp are on the left. Oysters on the right. Meat in the middle and Salads on the other table. Drinks are inside and make sure you save room for Stormie's famous dessert." Mark announced.

"You probably thought I was the only famous one around here." Ross whispered in Fish's ear.

"I'm so hungry I could eat a cow." Fish groaned heading towards the meat.

"Here. Are you new? Try this. Mark's steaks are the best." Laura Marano said passing Fish a steak.

"Oooh okay." Fish said, unsure if she trusted her.

"What's you name?" Laura said.

"Fish." She smiled.

"No, your name silly. Not what else you want on your plate." Laura laughed.

"Hey Laura, looks like you met Fish." Ross said running over to save the day.

"Oh like the animal." Laura said confused.

"Sea creature, but whatever." Fish shrugged and walked away to get some salad. Fish was determined and fierce. Kinda like Beyoncè.

~

"Hey, I got you some pavlova and fruit salad. I assumed because you're a life guard you only eat egg whites and salad, because that's what all skinny people eat." Ross said sitting down next to Fish on the grass. Ross passed her a fork and she touched the dessert and it wobbled. "If you're not going to eat it, I will." Ross said encouraging her to eat it.

"Why was I invited here?" Fish asked looking at Ross.

"Wh-what do you mean?" Ross asked.

"I was only doing my job." Fish said picking the ground out of the ground.

"You don't get thanked a lot, do you?" Ross asked Fish.

"Well, I mean, I would like to get thanked a bit more." Fish shrugged and through the grass over her shoulder.

"Why'd you do that?" Ross asked Fish.

"Do what?" She asked.

"Throw grass over your shoulder?" Ross asked. Fish shrugged.

"It's something my brother's and I used to always do. Because have lucky clovers or a lucky number, we throw grass over our shoulders. We do it on New Years and Independents day." Fish said smiling.

"C-can I do it?" Ross asked and Fish laughed.

"If you want." She smiled and passed Ross a strand of grass and Ross threw it over his shoulder.

"Now you make a wish." Fish said.

"I wish I could turn back time." Ross said.

"No! Not out loud. Now it won't come true." Fish said covering Ross' mouth with her palms.

"Whoops." Ross slummed.

"What did you wish for?" Ross asked changing the subject.

"Not telling. It's a secret." Fish said standing back and wiping her bottom with her hands to remove the wet grass. "I'll see you n the morning Brady. Six am sharp, and don't be late." Fish said and skipping inside to grab her bag.

__________________________________________________________
Please comment your thoughts...

Or comment your favourite song off the new album and your thoughts on the 'All Night' video.