Chapter Four:

~*~

You don't have to tell me twice, when lighting strikes.

~*~

Ross' POV

I tighten up the pull string on my red shorts and fixed my top. I spotted Maxi tying his shoes up.

"Hey, have you heard from Fish recently?" I asked him and he nodded.

"She's spending some time at Bono's house. She's taking a week off work." Maxi said standing up.

"And Bono is...." I trailed off eagerly.

"One of the lifeguards who work in the offices. He is the guy to make sure everything we do is correct."

"Is she taking a week of because of the, uh, incident?" I asked trying not to say that word 'death'.

"Yeah." He nodded. "She'll probably come over for lunch today though, she can not keep away from the beach for very long." Maxi smiled and patted my shoulder and ran off. I sat down in the life guard tower and watched over the beach. I picked my phone which had a message from Rocky saying he was going to visit me. All he wants to do is flirt with Fish and look at her butt. I sighed and watched the clouds start to form over the water. Only a couple. Enough for shade.

"I'm going to do a quick lap around the beach. I'll be right back" Maxi said walking off. He had that cool surfers speech and tone to his voice. So chill and long. I lifted my feet up on the table and looked out of the binoculars.

"Knock knock." A person said and I turned around.

"Oh hey Fish." I shrugged. "Fish!" I said and ran over hugging her. "How are you? How have you been? It's good to see you again." I smiled letting go.

"Geez, thanks for my hug." Rocky laughed as he walked in. Fish walked over with a brown paper bag, probably filled to the brim with food. I looked at Rocky and glared at him. What were they doing together.

"Looking good there blondie." Fish smiled as she sat on her desk chair and looked at me.

"Thanks." I said pulling at my uniform.

"No problem." She smiled and handed me half a baguette. "You're not allergic to anything, are you?" Fish asked me and I shook my head.

"That's what I thought." Fish smiled as Maxi walked in and greeted her. I looked at my sandwich and saw that my name was written on the cling wrap and a love heart was drawn on next to my name. She likes me! She made me a sandwich. Well, she made sandwiches for everyone. All the other lifeguards had crowded in the tower. We were all catching up with Fish and how her week off was.

"And I had run out of lettuce and beetroot, so I went to the supermarket and Rocky was there. So I invited him over." Fish smiled at one of the guys who had just asked her why Rocky was here.

"I also packed fruit salad and I made cookies." Fish smiled opening up her backpack and pulling out the fruit salad.

"Maxi. Can you clear the signs? We are going to close half the beach. There is a storm coming along." A guy said though Maxi's walkie talkie.

"I'm right on it." Maxi said standing up and I stood up and followed him because he was teaching me the ropes this week. Fish stood up and followed us.

"Miss it huh?" Maxi asked.

"Hell yeah I do. Hence why I've been cooking all week." Fish said as we walked over to one of the signs. Maxi and I pulled it out of the sand and carried it back to the lifeguard tower. Fish was already telling because about the horrible weather that was about to start. Telling people to get cover, or to leave. Some of the tourists wouldn't leave her.

"Fish!" I shouted as I ran over to her.

"Maybe you should go inside." I said placing my hand on her shoulder.

"But-" She fought back. "Look, just because a guy died in my hands, does not mean that I am not capable of looking after other people." Fish gritted through her teeth and frowned.

"Look, I didn't mean it like that."

"Of course you didn't. You were only 'looking out for me'" Fish said using her hands to act out the quotation marks. She walked off just as it began to rain. I noticed she spoke to Maxi and then grabbed her handbag and walked off.

"Where'd she go?" I asked Maxi as I found my tracksuit pants to change into to.

"She's mad at you." Maxi said and I raised my eyebrow.

"I'm kidding. She just needs a smoke and the she'll be fine." Maxi said grabbing his sports bag. Fish smokes? Whoa. That's kinda hot. Can you just imagine her puffing smoke into my mouth just before we'd kiss. Oh god that's hot. A flash of lighting and a bolt of thunder shook the tower.

"Alright all. Well, let's just go home. There's nothing we can do about it." Maxi said and we all stood up.

"Let's grab take away and head to mine. I'll grab some chicken and pizza on the way home. I'll meet you guys there." Bono replied and walked off. Maxi ushered me over.

"You coming Blondie?" Maxi asked me.

"U-uhh. Yeah. Only Fish calls me that." I told him.

"Aww, someone's got a little crush." Maxi said pinching my cheek. "Don't worry man. We've all tried. It isn't gonna happen." Maxi said and I opened the car door before it started to belt down with rain.

"Wh-what do you mean? We've all tried?" I asked Maxi.

"We all think, well, know she's hot. But she wouldn't date one of us. Work is more important that love."

"Well, I'm going to show you that..." I said trailing off and pausing.

"That?" Maxi asked me as he started to drive

"That, I'm going to prove you all wrong."

~*~

I entered Bono's house with my coat drenching wet. Oh well. I walked in side shivering and I noticed Fish pick up some bags and place them by the stairs. They must be her clothes or something.

"Guys, take a seat. I just turned the heaters on. Do you guys want some hot cocoa?" She asked walking into the kitchen. I nodded.

"Yes please." Maxi said. "Ross, should love one as well." Maxi said and I hit his arm.

"Sure." Fish said and boiled the kettle.

I walked into the kitchen and leaned against the bench.

"Do you need any help?" I asked Fish grinning and another bolt of lighting struck the ground.

"If you'd like some biscuits or something, feel free to help yourself." Fish said reaching for the mugs which were in the cupboard.

"Here." I said leaning over her and grabbing them, bring a single cup down at a time.

"Thanks." She blushed and the kettle dinged. Fish scooped hot chocolate powder in the mugs. Another strike of lighting hit. I walked out of the room and placed a plate of biscuits on the table and then walked back into the kitchen and another bolt of lighting struck.

It's funny that whenever I'm in the same room as Fish, lighting strikes.

Coincidence? I think not.

______________________________________________________________________

Just a small filler, please comment your thoughts....sorry for the long delay of updates.