Chapter 6

~*~

It's okay, because this time it's up to fate

~*~

Ross' POV

"Fish. Darling you're home." Fish's dad smiled to his daughter.

'Hey Daddy. This is Ross. He's the new lifeguard." Fish giggled and I shook her dads hand.

"It's very nice to meet you Ross. I hope you're enjoy the waters." He smiled and looked at his daughter. "I used to take Fish there all the time. I was the one who taught her to surf. Wasn't that right sweetie?" He said and pinched his daughters cheek.

"You don't need to tell everyone." Fish rolled her eyes.

"Well I'm just proud of my little girl, following her fathers foot steps." He said and turned to me. "I was also a lifesaver in my glory days." He said and I noticed his long Hawaiian shirt. "Mike." He said and shook my hand.

"It's nice to meet you." I smiled and then it hit me. "Oh! You're Mike. As in the guy in the frame in the tower. Yo, you're amazing I've heard so much about you. My brothers and I used to skip school you watch you surf in competitions. We were there when you won your ninth championship." I smiled fan-boying in front of Fish. Fish rolled her eyes and pulled out a smoke and lit it, using the flame from the barbeque and she walked inside.

"Oh man. I thought she stopped taking those." Mike muttered.

"D-did she stop?" I asked Mike.

"No, not exactly. She gave up buying them for a couple of months because we were one hundred dollars under our rent, but she must've found someone to buy them for her." Mike said turning off the barbeque and grabbed a tray and placed the meat on the tray.

"Oh yum. Steak." I smiled and Mike laughed.

"Fish loves them. You and my daughter have a lot in common, ya know." He smirked and I chuckled.

"Fish and I? No! W-we're not together. We work together." I laughed walking inside the house with him and he shook his head.

"Ross dear. What would you like to eat?" Meredith asked placing a bowl of salad and potatoes on the table. 

"Oh, just salad. I'll do it." I said grabbing the serving utensils and using them to pick up some lettuce. I sat down wit Fish's huge family. 

"Would you like some tea darling?" Fish's mom asked me walking into the kitchen.

"Uhh, yes please." I smiled and got up and tried to find where Fish disappeared to during dinner. I found a room with the light on. I pushed the door slightly open and saw Fish lying on her bed looking at her roof tapping her fingers across her chest.

"What's up?" I asked her sitting on her bed.

"Shhh!" Star said clutching onto my leg. "We have to be quiet." Star said putting a finger to her lips.

"Why?" I whispered.

"Because. Fish is asleep and we need to defeat the monsters before they get to her." Star giggled and I raised an eyebrow.

"I can see any monsters." I told her and Star rolled her eyes.

"You're being silly Ross. They are very small, smaller than pixies. You have to catch them with your hands." Star smiled gasped and clapped in the air. "Got one!" She squealed and I chuckled. If she is clapping to catch imaginary monsters, isn't she just creating more noise? Weird child. I starting to help Star catch these imaginary monsters she spoke off and I noticed Fish giggle as Star got closer to her. "She's waking up! That means we're breaking the curse." Star smiled and Fish sat up.

"We killed all the monsters!" Star said grabbing my legs and hanging onto them. I looked at Fish and mouthed 'help'. Fish smiled and asked her sister to help her sister make the tea with her Mom.

"Ross. It's ready." Meredith, Fish's Mom told me walking into her room. We all gathered around a small tv and watched the news. Well, everyone but Meredith. She believes technology is bad fore you. I finished drinking my tea and I I wentto put it in the sink.

"No! Ross. Give me your cup." Meredith said and yanked it out of my hand and dragged me back to the couch and she sat in front of me. She looked in my cup and squinted her eyes.

"Mom. I don't think Ross wants you to read his tea leaves." Fish said and I shrugged.

"I don't care." I smiled and looked at Meredith. Her face plastered shock and guilt.

"Is-is there something wrong?" I asked and she put the cup down and I looked side. All I could see was a blob of black tea. Meredith gently grabbed my hand and brushed my palm and stretched the skin of my palm with her thumb. Maybe some thing was up.

"Mom. You're scarring him. Nothing's wrong with you Ross." Fish said and she pulled her moms hand away from mine and Fish took me to the front door. "I'm so sorry about that. She gets carried away some times." Fish asked.

"What does a black blob mean?" I asked Fish.

"It's nothing." Fish smiled and I forced a smiled. Something was definitely up. "Well, I'll see you on the beach tomorrow then." Fish smiled and I waved and went to my car and drove off. I got absolutely no sleep that night

________________________________________
What do you think Ross' fortune is?