Chapter 3

It was a day before Christmas Eve when I went into church to rehearse the songs that I was meant to play for Christmas Day. What I didn't know was that all my YF friends were going to be there. Alice and Lisa were there filming me, making me film uneasy. Benjamin, surprisingly, was there to, playing with some kind of rubber band? Cute. In a way, i thought. Wait... When have I ever, I mean ever, thought about these stuff. I was shocked and horrified to even be thinking about that sort of thing. I mean, I'm only fourteen! What is wrong with me?!

I pushed the thought away for the time being and shook my head. As I headed to the piano, I heard a beautiful tune coming from the piano. I was a bit confused, I was the only one that could play the piano that well in this church, I mean, not meaning to brag. My curiosity got the better of me and I stepped up the step that lead to the piano. I gasped as I saw who was playing that lovely tune.

It was Joshua! I guess he heard my loud gasp because he turned around. As soon as he saw me, he immediately played the wrong note, he stopped and stood up. "Um..." He stuttered. "You weren't supposed to hear that..." He said as he scratched the back of his neck and looked down at his shoes. I smiled at his nervousness and replied, "You're really good! Do you think you could teach me how to play that song?"

He seemed shocked that I asked him to teach me. "Ummm... Sure! I mean, it was meant to be a duet so I guess I could teach you the other part if you want?" Joshua asked me as he gave me a crooked smile. I smiled even more. "That would be great!" I said with much enthusiasm.

"Whitney! Get to your stand! The rehearsal is about to start!" Someone shouted from behind me. " Well, I guess I should get going. Good luck!" Joshua said as he waved to me. I waved back and he stepped off the stage.