paul // love letters.

((A Paul McCartney Imagine))

It all began with a letter addressed to my house signed with the letter 'P'. It was mistakenly sent to our home around Christmas time last year, and since then I've been delivering letters back to this mysterious boy.

The first letter I received from P, asked how I was doing after all this time. Well, not me of course. He wrote to a girl named Lucy, but the poor girl never got to see the letters as I now was the one who wrote to 'P'.

There's just one tiny little problem...he didn't know I wasn't Lucy. It was one of the worst things I have ever done, probably. But I was too far into this that it would be much to hard to tell him the truth. And what did he know? Nothing. He doesn't even know what I look like, or my true name at the least.

Hell, I didn't even know his name!! He would never address it when I asked why he wouldn't write his entire name. But I couldn't ask his name, obviously! Do you know how fishy that would sound?! This Lucy & 'P' were friends along the line somewhere, so P's name would forever be a mystery to me.

Oh, and theres was just this other teeny, tiny problem. I was beginning to fall for 'P'. The way he wrote to me filled my heart with joy and always left a smile on my face. When he would write little pieces of poetry at the bottom of the letter with some additional little doodles, making your heart melt. But this was wrong. The guilt of lying to him started to build up inside, to the point I couldn't think.

----

It was a Tuesday in early December when I received another letter from 'P'. I grabbed the mail, and ran to my room with my letter. It read:

My dearest Luc,

Forgive me. It's been a few days, but I've been really busy here in London. Guess what, love?! I have great news. Me and my few mates are heading to the states so maybe I can come meet and see you again. xx I've missed you. A lot. And to see you and you're beautiful face would make me incredibly happy. We'd be coming over in February, early in the month that is. I hope to see you.

Love always, P x

I felt my mouth hit the ground. My mysterious 'P' was going to be in the same country as myself. I felt all of my problems flood over me. What would his reaction be when he finds I'm not Lucy?

"I'm gonna vomit." I softly said to myself, throwing the letter in my desk drawer. My bed bounced as I threw myself down, trying to calm myself.

Then when things couldn't get worse, I decided to ignore the letter and just continue with life, hoping to forget P, and hoping he'd forget all about me. Boy, was I wrong.

---

Two weeks had almost past and I received yet another letter from P, reading:

My lil Lucy,

I'm shocked not to hear back from you. Its been almost two weeks, love. Is everything okay? I'd love to hear from you. We just are finishing the final details for our trip to the US. Cant wait, dear.

See you soon, P xx

A tear slid down my cheek as I thought about what I was doing to this boy. I didn't know how much longer this could go on because it was getting serious. Very serious.

Then, I pulled out a piece of lined paper and a black pen, thinking about what to say. Soon, I began to write.

Dear P,

I'm very sorry for not replying. I've been quite busy around the house too. But, there's just something really bothering me. I have to tell you something.

I stopped writing so I could take a deep breath and stop crying. I was about to write something so serious, so important.

I am not Lucy. I'm not the girl that you think you're writing to. My name's [Y/N] and I moved into this house not to long ago when I received a letter by you. I didn't mean for this to get so out of hand. I was wrong for lying to you. But, it was all me. The letters, the love, the conversations. P, I think I'm falling in love with you. And this is where I need to end it. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've cause. I hope one day you'll forgive me.

Yours truly, [Y/N]

And with that I closed the letter, putting it in an envelop and licking it shut. As I walked out to go stick the letter in mail, I realized that this would be the last time I would see a letter from him. I kissed the letter and put it in the mailbox.

"Goodbye, P." I quietly said, heading back into the house.

-----------------

Author's Note:

Hi there guys! Maddie here, and I hope you enjoyed my first Beatle Imagine :))) So, for this imagine I plan to POSSIBLY continue it ?? Or you know what?! A fanfic out of this storyline would be great. Anyways, hope you enjoyed ((again aha)) and vote, comment and request! Peace out!

- Maddie