nudes ➤ | ❝blackmail❞

nudes |

blackmail

                                      I quietly returned to the dinner table without saying a word.

     Jake looked at me and I gave him a reassuring smile and he kissed my cheek, earning a dark glare from Max.

     We spent the rest of the dinner small talking. Most of the conversation was brought up by Jessa and Jake. The rest of us would have just ate in silence if nothing was said. My mom noticed the awkwardness between us and she pulled me aside and asked if everything was okay. One part of me wanted to tell her that it was the complete opposite of okay, but that would have lead into something that doesn't need to happen, so I lied and said it was fine.

     After we all finished eating, my mom thought it would be a good idea if all of the kids crashed in my room while the adults went into the living room played charades and sip fancy wine. I didn't think it was such a bright idea, but I didn't argue. I just need to be in my room.

     Loud chatter filled up my room as I looked around at all the people in my room. My little cousins were in the corner on their phones, gossiping about that latest news about their favorite celebrities, the boys were in the other corner discussing about who they would bang, Max was with his girl, who was talking about something, but he was too distracted by something that was on his mind that he didn't even listen to her, and then there was me, doing nothing.

     "Babe, did you hear me?" Jake said, tapping my shoulder.

     I turned around and smiled at him. I wasn't playing attention to any of the conversation him and Jessa were having. My mind too focused on the earlier situation between Max and I. I couldn't help, but think about the words that came out of his mouth.

     I was upset because I wanted to be something with him. Even though, I hated his ass and I could careless about him, I sorta like the idea of us being friends. There was something before, but that relationship was burned down and the bridge was never built again to restore the old friendship that we used to have.

     "What did you say, love?" I said, smiling at him.

     "You're being super weird." he said. "Is there something wrong? What happened between you and Max? I know you don't like each other, but damn."

     I sighed.

     "Jake," Jessa spoke up. "I think you should give her a break. She's already upset because the gremlin is here. Don't go and ask her all those questions."

     I looked at her and mentally thanked her. She winked at me, accepting my thank you. She was right. I didn't want to explain anything about Max with Jake. I know he's my boyfriend and I should discuss stuff with him, but I don't think you should tell your boyfriend that your guy who hates you back, sent you text messages of his thingy.

     "Okay," he sighed. I could tell he didn't like the fact that I wasn't tell him, but oh well. "I'm gonna go and use the bathroom. I'll be back." he stood up and walked out of the room. I saw Max watching him leave the room and then he turned at me, giving me the same dark glare from before.

     "I need a knife." I said, looking back at him. I was hoping that he could read my lips, but I don't think he could.

     "Random much?" Jessa said, laughing. "Kid, tell mother what's up."

     "Last night, tell me what happened between Max and Stacey. Tell me the details that you know." I said, moving closer to her.