nudes ➤ | ❝news flash❞

nudes |

news flash

                                      My phone loudly dinged, signaling that I had a new message.

Jake 💖
I'm sorry, but I'm sick as a dog and I'm not going to be able to attend school today.
My mom thinks I have the flu and she says that it's best for me to stay home. Anyways, sending my love towards you ;)

     Sighing, I locked my phone and slid it back in my pocket. I watched Jessa grab her first period books and slam her locker shut. She scrunched her face at me and sheepishly smiled.

     "What's the matter, kiddo?" she said, taking the lead down the hallway.

     "It's Jake. Apparently, he has the flu and he isn't coming today." I said.

     "Oh," she said, sounding annoyed. "that's too bad. Did he sound sick last night when you talked to him?"

     When Jake and I first official called ourselves dating, we established the cheesy late night calls. Our calls lasted for hours and we sometimes didn't even have conversations. We just wanted to hear each other breathing or laughing. It didn't make sense, but I found it fairly cute and entertaining.

     "That's the thing, I didn't talk to him last night." I said, worried. "I was thinking about too many things and I didn't think that calling him was a good idea."

     Max's words about Jake made me puzzled and annoyed. I didn't want to think the worst of the situation or whatever happened with him, but I couldn't help it. The way Max had put it, it seemed like Jake did something to hurt me. Jake hurting me didn't sound good in my mind, so I immediately change it to Max lying to me just to make me suffer.

     "Well, whatever's getting to you, don't let it bother you, kid. Jake's going to be okay." Jessa said, smiling. I could tell that she didn't want to talk about Jake, so she had to quickly share some words of encouragement, so we could change the subject.

     Quietly, we entered our first period class, Spanish II. Spanish and I had a complicated relationship. I wasn't that good with pronouncing things and I couldn't spell things quite well, but I could speak in full sentence. My dad's step mother was fluent in Spanish, so during the summer she helped me step up my Spanish game.

     "Hola, my lovely students!" Mrs. Miller said, smiling at us. She was a really sweet lady, sometimes. She was pregnant for the fourth time and her mood swings weren't pretty if you messed with her in the wrong way. With her last name, you wouldn't think that she was a fluent Spanish speaker, but as they say, don't judge a book by its cover.

     We all replied in Spanish our hellos and the bell rang, signaling that class was starting. She began writing sentences on the board for us to copy and I diligently began to pull out my notebook and write them down. The door suddenly opened, making a loud creaking noise and I turned around to see Max trying to sneak into class. I rolled my eyes at him and turned around, continuing to write.

     "Señor Schneider, I see that you're late once again." Mrs. Miller spoke, checking her work on the board.

     "Well, you can't technically see me because you're facing the board, but everyone can see you." he said, staring at her.

     Everyone gasped and snickered at his comeback. I didn't think it was that clever, but it was extremely rude. I turned and gave him a evil look which he clearly ignored. He stood by the door, waiting for her to turn and look at him.