Chapter 4 - Stalker?

The school bell rang as me, Faye and Ashley walked to our next class - Biology.

Well, isn't it great? I mused sarcastically, Who's my biology teacher?

This time I made sure I didn't drop any equipment or do anything stupid. I had to act like a sophisticated young lady.

Mr Roberto was tapping away at the keyboard on his laptop at an incredible speed. I silently went down and sat in my seat.

When the classroom was eventually full, Mr Roberto got up and began to introduce himself - something he would have done in the previous lesson were it not for...

"Hello Sixth Formers, My name is Mr. Andrew Roberto and I will be replacing your Chemistry and Biology teachers. Are there any questions anyone would like to ask before we get started?"

Bushra's hand immediately shot up." Sir, What made you come to our school?"

"Well, I'm actually a university student who is doing an internship with your school - it's sort of like work experience - but I am a couple of years ahead of where I am supposed to be according to my age as I took early entries in Italy - That's where I am from..."

Italy...

"Sir how old are you?" Rashel blurted out.

"Uh... Private question, well, I will be 20 soon" He replied quietly.

"Sir, what university did you study at?" Faye shouted out before I could figure out if I had hearing problems. Had he said 20?

"Oxford"

The entire class gasped at hearing this. Why'd he come to such a shit school if he's from Oxford? Is he Okay? The pupils went crazy with random questions - throwing any curiosity at him to answer.

"Are you single?"

"Are you still studying?"

"Where do you live?"

"How is life at oxford?"

The questions just kept on coming as I focused on catching the answers to the really important ones.

"I really think we should begin the lesson" He said to shush everyone. That was when we all calmed down.

The lesson was about Active Transport, not something I particularly enjoyed but it was actually made quite interesting in the way he taught it, especially when he imitated the big fat rotating cell thingy grabbing the molecule and rotating. He reminded me a lot of Mr Fernando, except I was concentrating more on his well-defined physique than the actual lesson.

I mentally slapped myself at the thoughts that were popping up inside my head. I had to get out of her - and fast.

A sound of disappointment swept through the entire classroom as the school bell rang to mark the end of a long school day. I turned to look at Faye and Ashley, who were trying to pack up as slowly as possible in order to get a good glimpse of him. Oh Please... come on.

"Come on you two I don't have all day!" I snapped. Mr Roberto turned to look at me. "In a hurry? Remember to take this sheet with you!" He chimed. Did he just wink at me? I snatched the sheet out of his hands and walked out. This was getting too awkward - I really do miss my old teachers.

Faye and Ashley followed me silently, gobsmacked. It was kind of obvious they were shocked at my behaviour towards him - but then again, I'm not supposed to be crushing on my high school teacher.

As we walked out of the school gates I could hear a motorbike coming from behind me. Instinct caused me to immediately jump to the side as a black motorbike drove past me. Its rider wore a black leather jacket and a black helmet. Definitely not one of those pizza deliverers, this guy looked hot.

The motorcycle stopped ahead of me and its owner took off his helmet, revealing a familiar face.

Oh no not Sir Andrew...

"Does this belong to you?" He said holding out a boxed necklace with my name engraved onto it.

Well, nah... It belongs to someone else I thought sarcastically - why else would it say my name on it?

It was a present from an old friend... My hand immediately went for my neck - which was bare.

"Thanks" I said and took the necklace. I can't believe I had almost lost it!

"No problem" He replied.

The motorbike sped off into the distance. Faye and Ashley were gaping at me and I felt a little bit annoyed at their intrusive behaviour.

I gave the two a quick hug and ran for my bus. Today had been one long, painful day.

When I got home I noticed a van parked in front of the house next to me. Boxes were being lifted and taken inside the house. Yay! We have new neighbours - Thank goodness I won't see that stupid drooling dog that used to live here before again!

I quickly ran inside my house and got dressed to go and welcome our new neighbours - I hoped they were nice. As I skipped up the path into the house next door I couldn't help but notice the familiar motorbike I had seen somewhere... Oh well

I rang the doorbell. A blue eye peeped from the hole in the door.

"Hi, I'm your new neighbour and I just came over to say Hello and ask you if you needed anything" I chirped in a friendly manner.

"Hello Mara" That voice was so familiar...

As the door opened I was stunned silent upon seeing Sir Andrew standing in front of me. "Oh so you moved into the neighbourhood..." I whispered. Was he stalking me?

"Yes. I did, as it was closer to the school and I am not very good with time..."

I smiled, that was one thing we had in common.

"Well, if you need anything be sure to tell me" I said. I was beginning to get used to his looks and becoming not so amazed by them. That was the good thing about me - I was completely and utterly boy-resistant. Unaffected by them with the passage of time.

I waved goodbye and went back to my own house. Hey at least I could get help with homework.

I really want my two old teachers back - I would do anything to have Mr Blacksmith's squashed atom diagrams and Mr Fernando's heart-warming laugh back.

I sighed to myself, that wasn't possible.

Tomorrow was Tuesday - which meant we had no science lessons whatsoever. Thank goodness.

________________________________________________________________________

Thats it. .I can't be asked to write anymore today - i may upload l8r though. Please comment!