Chapter 6 - E=mc2

Exams, Exams, Exams, I think examiners have had traumatic events in their life which is why they seek revenge from poor, young and innocent high school students...

This chapter is dedicated to my three best friends, who are always there for me when it comes to ideas. Enjoy!

_____________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 6 - E=mc2

"Huh." I sighed. I didn't understand. Why would someone do such a thing? Why torture someone like this? Life was difficult, especially when HE had to come up with stupid surpluses of intelligence.

"Yes I'm talking to you, Einstein!" I screamed at the maths book in front of me which had a picture of a hairy head on it – next to some ugly piece of maths also known as an equation. My maths teacher was mean. She had deliberately set us the most difficult task in the world – To search and gather information on a completely ridiculous theory by the guy with the frizzy hairstyle - Albert.

This was too much, I had been concentrating for way longer than I usually do – I had to have a break. I picked up my old, ugly phone and jabbed at the keys. At first glance, you'd probably think that my parents bought it from the history museum – they thought it 'wasn't safe' for me to be carrying an expensive phone on the public buses, How very thoughtful...

As I held the ugly cube to my ear, I was desperately hoping Faye would pick up...

Pick up,

Pick up...

"Hello?"

Relief swept over me.

"Hey, Faye it's me, Mara – I just wanted to say I've tried with my homework but have failed and I think I've overworked my brain – I need a rest."

"Mara, you called me five minutes ago telling me you were about to start your homework – how could you have overworked your brain?" I could hear her snickering in the background. I did?

Easy for her to say. She had a really nice maths teacher who hardly ever gave them any homework – but then again, my grades were all thanks to my maths teacher, Mrs Joyce. I had had her ever since I came to this torture of a school – and she had helped me to overcome the horrors that awaited me.

Starview Academy wasn't always Starview Academy. It used to be a nice school called Jordison Kevin School for girls... until it sold its soul to the devil. Now it was run by an evil company called TSURTUDE who wanted the best from the worst - statistics, and only statistics. I really hate my school – but then again, what could I do?

The teachers, since they were from the old version of our school, were actually really nice, but since most of them decided to leave and abandon us in this time of tragic distress, the school had become a graveyard – and our enthusiasm to want to learn has walked out with them through the school gates.

I had always been afraid of farewell, ever since I was a little girl. I remember saying bye to my grandfather when I was coming back from holiday. That was the last time I ever saw him... But that wasn't the only reason I was scared – other experiences in life had taught me that once farewell is bid, the person leaving is as good as dead.

A tear ran down my cheek as I remembered all those who I had bid goodbye.

"Mara! Are you crying? I'm sorry; I didn't mean to upset you..." I jumped. I had completely forgotten Faye was still on the phone. I quickly wiped my tears and told her I was fine.

"No, no seriously I'm okay – I just have to go now. Please..."

"Okay, but tell me if you need anything"

"I will..." I quickly shut the phone and jumped onto my bed. My life was so complicated yet how I managed to put on an exterior that made it look like everything was okay... I covered my head with my pillow as I felt a searing pain in my head. I tried to call my mum, but I was greeted by pitch black darkness instead.

"MARA! HONEY WAKE UP OR YOU'LL BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!" I woke to the sound of mum yelling from the kitchen.

"Ugh" I slowly heaved my heavy body out of my comfortable warm bed and dragged my legs to the kitchen. I really don't feel well. Wait. What happened last night? Was I dreaming?

My mum looked at me and gasped. Was I really that hideous? She ran over to me and put her hand on my head. What was going on? I flashed her a I'm-confused-what's-happening-am-I-dead look and she just shook her head.

"Mara, your face is so pale are you okay? You look yellow; darling do you think we need to go to the doctors?" I shook my head. I felt too tired to do anything – but I really wanted to go school today – it was Ashley's birthday!

"Don't worry mum, I'm fine it's just the new make-up I'm trying..." I lied through my teeth. How pathetic can I get? I was sleeping – why would I have make-up on? My mum stared at me, clearly not buying it. Faye and Ashley weren't kidding when they said I'm pathetic at lying.

"Mum, I'll be fine, trust me I'll tell you if I feel ill okay?" I felt ill right now...

She seemed satisfied with this answer.

"Go get changed then – But you're not going by bus." She replied.

I smiled. I really loved my mum – she cared about me so much, but no matter how much she loved I always felt like she looked at me with regret. I felt a little distant from her, and as much as she tried to make it seem like we were all equal I felt that she always preferred my little brother over me. I quickly ran into my bedroom, snatched my uniform off the hook and bounced into the shower. When I came out I was welcomed by the homey smell of mummy's breakfast. I skipped to the kitchen table and began to eat the food mum had already set on my plate. She was taking a plate out for my brother.

"Mara, guess who just moved next door?" She said.

I seized to eat and just looked at her.

"... Who mum?" I replied trying to make it sound as normal as possible.

"Do you remember the boy I told you about? Who came to the lab and was discussing the possibilities of creating a cure for cancer" I gawked at her. This can't be...

"Come on; don't look at me like that! The one who had done early entries in Italy – very clever, he was...He was persistent that he can do something about cancer... "

"I remember mum, Andrew Roberto... Right?"

"Yes. Yes. I keep forgetting his name – anyway he moved in! Isn't that great – you can ask him for help with your homework if your teacher's busy and can't help you – he is very intelligent – and only about 5 years older than you... you know, he is kind of cute- "

NO...

" - Mum did I mention I have a new biochemistry teacher?" I interrupted her – this felt awkward, I think my mum was trying to set me up with my neighbour - (A.K.A my biochem teacher) who just so happens to be a vain, evil, mean blackmailing handsome jerk!  Handsome? I shook my head violently.

"Who?" She questioned – a little taken aback at my interruption, and worrying about my sanity.

"Sir Andrew Roberto." I said.

Too bad mum, I'll find someone else...

___________________________________________________________________________

Oh my god – I have sooo decided whats going to happen further on in the story... Keep reading and remember to tell your friends to read too!!!! Thanks for the emails by the way - i'll put the winners chapter in as soon as possible... Can i just add, i NEVER proofread so please forgive my mistakes...