Finding Zay

Zay's P.O.V

I drove around not knowing where I am or where I'm going.

I started looking around to see if I recognize any of the buildings.

"Damn where the fuck am I, Australia or sum this place looking like a outback."

I looked around again at the almost deserted town.

There was a dirty looking white man walking by this abandoned building, he almost looks like a feen.

Maybe he just homeless and haven't eaten in a min but he's looking rough.

I drove up beside him and rolled down the passenger window.

"Excuse me sir"

He looked over at me.
The tired look in his eyes clear as day.

He looks like he could be thirty something and good looking minus all the dirt and grime staining his face.

He watched me for a min and I did the same.

Green eyes. They remind me of someone I thought was the only person in the world to have that shade of green as their eye colour.

I guess he not the only one. I shrugged it off.

"Can you give me some directions please I'm kinda lost" I asked.

He cleared his throat.
"Well I don't think I'd be much help to you, I'm also lost. I've been walking around this dead place for a day or so."

Thats hella weird. Imma need to get out this place shit just hella sketchy.

"Would you like a ride, I can help us both get out of here."

"Oh that's real considerate of you, thank you."

I unlocked the car door and he hopped in.

****

2 hours later we pulled up to a diner in a area more civilized.

"Hungry?" I asked.

He looked over at me and nodded quiet fast.

We walked into the half full diner and found an available booth.

A chocolate skin toned lady walked over to our booth with her notepad.

"Hello there, I'm Dianne what can I get y'all" She smiled politely with her pencil ready to write down our order.

I smiled back at her.

It was a little bit after lunch time now so I didn't really know what to order. Ion even know what they serve here.

"Oh my apologies would y'all like to hear the specials" I smiled and nodded.

After about 10 mins I finally ordered something and got something for the white man too.

Come to think of it, I don't know this man name.

"I didn't get your name.."

He was looking out the window but turned to look at me at the sound of my voice.

"Oh, Caleb woods" He nodded.

"Oh that's crazy we have the same last name, Azaylea Woods. Init funny" I laughed.

I expected him to be laughing too but he had this stunned look on his face.

I chuckled awkwardly. "Aha.. no okay."

I was Trynna lighten the mood but I guess he was caught up in his own thoughts so I looked out the window.

"Wait a minute. Azaylea Woods. Would your mothers name happen to be Karen?" He asked.