To Be Free...

Chapter 10

To Be Free...

It was day when I finally came to, the sun shone through the shutters of the room I shared with Sarah. But how did I get here? I thought, remembering the strange and frightening night spent with Wesley. I began to recall how he humiliated me by ordering me to undress, then the feeling of his lips upon my nether region…how strange it was to be pleasured by a monster. But the main thing that was frightening was the fact that I may be serving under the roof of…blood suckers.

I sat up in my cot, trying to recover from the confusion that pulsated through my being. A stinging pain rang out from my inner right thigh. Slowly, I lifted the plain dress that I didn’t remember putting on. That was the moment…the moment of no return. The moment where it became real and true without a hint of doubt. There, on the innermost part of my thigh, was the bite mark I recognized from when Sarah was bitten by him. It was a violent mark, with a deep purple bruise around his teeth indentation. I immediately pulled the dress back down to cover the evidence of my night with him.

What would I do now? Run? Where?” I thought to myself.

The possible plan I was forming in my head was a jumbled mess of a scared girl. I put my feet on the ground, attempting to stand. Within an instant, I had fallen to the floor. There was a weakness within me that was out of the ordinary.

“Kat?” Sarah questioned as she came into our chamber. She wrapped her arms around me and lifted me back to the cot. All animosity she had felt towards me before was gone, what replaced it was pity.

I pushed her away. “You know what he is, don’t you?” I hissed. It made my stomach turn to think that this girl I had befriended was in love with a demon like Wesley.

She tried to avoid my gaze but admitted she did by the sigh she let out. “There are things that you don’t know; you have no right to judge me.” Sarah defended herself.

“What is there to know? He drinks…blood. No, he doesn’t drink; he drains the life out of you that’s what he does! Tell me what it is that I don’t know!” I shouted at her with what strength I still possessed.

“SHHH! You’ll have the whole house knowing what’s going on!” She snapped. Sarah sighed again, like she knew she was breaking Michael’s confidence by talking to me. “They drink blood…The Cavanaugh’s. But that isn’t all that’s going on. My family and I, we are wolves serving under their control.” She paused to gauge my response.

“What lies are you telling me?” I accused. I yanked out of the grip of her hand as she tried to comfort me.

She got on her knees in front of me. “I swear, what I say is the truth it’s no fable! They drink blood and we change form. That’s the reason why things have been strange for you here. You are my brother’s…mate. And Wesley would give anything to take that away from Michael, even forsake his lover” She said with teary eyes.

“Wait…what is a mate?” I asked her. Maybe that would explain the almost instant love for Michael I was experiencing.

“It is the ultimate love…the soul mate of your lifetime. The person that you would do anything for, even die for if needed. The connection you have with Michael is because you are mates…and Wesley is mine.” A lone tear fell from the corner of her eye as she spoke of her lost love.

“Does Wesley know you are mates? And why is your family under the control of the Cavanaugh’s?” I questioned. Asking her questions was the only thing keeping me from losing my mind over what would seem like fiction to others. It was also calming to finally know the truth about what has been going on in front of my naïve eyes.

“Wesley knows…he rejects me and rejects me, only giving in to our connection every so often when he gets tired of the empty escapades with human girls. You see, it is a sort of disgrace to be mated to someone like me if you’re someone like him. Our natures are different. The reason why my family is under the control of this family is because I won’t leave Wesley. He threatens to hurt me if my family doesn’t bend to his will. Michael is having the hardest time with it seeing as though he will be alpha soon enough.” She explained, losing me further in all of the unknown facts.

She sensed that I was lost and began to explain further as I sat back and listened. “An alpha is the leader of a pack, a group of wolves. My father is growing old and Michael will gain his title after he takes you as his. It is a shame to be under the control of their kind when you are a wolf, we’re natural enemies”

“Can’t you get a different mate? Someone of your kind?” I asked.

“That’s not how it works Kat. You only get one chance at true love when you are like us. I would gladly stand by Wesley’s side for the rest of my life…even if it is as his slave.”

I leaned forward and embraced her before she broke down completely. She was a broken individual by her mate’s doing.  She wrapped her arms around me, understanding that we were both at the mercy of Wesley.

I let go of her for one last question before finding Michael. “Do his parents know you are mates?”

She shook her head. “I suspect not, they wouldn’t accept me as a daughter either way. Wesley is stronger than them because of his blood lust, they don’t interfere his affairs much.”

It seemed as though his was an unstoppable monster with all the winning cards in the game of our lives. Sarah helped me off of the cot once I felt I could walk without falling. She was my crutch as we walked to the stable where her brother was waiting. My heart felt as though it would stop beating soon if I wasn’t in Michael’s arms soon.

It was as though he sensed me coming as he came out of the stable to meet us. His pace was quickening, making his hair fly into the wind as he came to me. Sarah let me go as Michael took over her duties of holding me. She smiled at us but it was a mask over her own sorrow from her personal rejection with Wesley.

My attention finally focused on my…mate. How handsome he was and how deep our attraction went! The only greeting that was used was his lips against mine. Last night was supposed to be the last of Wesley’s evil charades; I let myself be vulnerable to him for the chance to be free with Michael.

When we finally parted our lips, I wanted him to know what Sarah told me. I wanted no secrets between us; I could except that he was no mere mortal. I explained to him that I knew what he was while staring into his eyes wholeheartedly. The smile on his face was one of relief once I finished.

“I…didn’t know how to tell you. I didn’t want to frighten you away from me. I planned on telling you but I could never find the right time.” He held me tightly, forgetting his strength for the slightest second.

“I knew there was a reason why I couldn’t stand to be away from you, I suppose it is because we are made for each other.” I commented.

“Should we go away to our place for a while? There is a matter in mating that needs to be addressed, it’s quite urgent” He asked as he laid sweet kisses on my jaw.

I chuckled and nodded, I didn’t want to go another day without having him take me properly. Without the disturbance of Wesley, I fully expected for Michael to make love to me for the duration of the day. Sarah would have to fulfill my household duties just this once as Michael and I went off into the woods to partake in our shameless desires.

Comments and Votes?? Plz and Thank you ;)