Chapter 1

"Whoa, what happened?" Aria asked when the lights went out in the barn.

"It must be the storm." Spencer answered, lighting some candles.

There was a noise in the other room and Grace jumped,

"Something's out there."

The door opened by itself, "Guys."

Aria held the flashlight and the five girls towards the door. Something fell and broke and they gasped.

"Gotcha!" Ali yelled and the girls screamed.

"That's so not funny, Alison!" Spencer scolded.

"I thought it was hilarious, girls." Ali laughed.

"Ali, did you download the new Beyonce?" Hanna asked.

"Not yet."

"I'm loving her new video." Emily said.

"Maybe a little too much, Em." Ali responded.

They giggled and Ali handed Aria the cup filled with wine,

"Your turn."

Aria gladly drank it and they laughed,

"Careful, Aria. Take too much, and you'll tell us all your secrets." Spencer said.

"Friends share secrets. That's what keeps us close." Ali stated, "Drink up."

Later that night, Grace woke up and looked around, noticing that Ali and Spencer were missing. She woke up the others and she began walking towards the door. There was a figure walking towards the barn,

"Ali?"

"She's gone." Spencer informed her.

"What do you mean she's gone?" Grace asked.

"I've looked everywhere for her. I think I heard her scream." Spencer said.

One Year Later

I stood in front of my mirror, smoothing out my maroon dress. It was my first day of junior year, and I wanted to look perfect. So, I wore a maroon dress with a 3/4 sleeve and a pair of black ankle boots. My blonde hair was in a high ponytail and was curled on the ends. And for makeup, I had on dark red lips stick and some eyeliner.

"I'm proud of you, Gracie. You're almost as thin as me."

I looked at my blonde friend in the mirror and smiled at her before I heard someone yelling at me,

"Grace! Breakfast!" My mom yelled from the kitchen.

I grabbed my bag from my bed and hurried downstairs, "Um, mom, I promised Spencer I'd meet up at her house and eat there." I told my mom, checking the time on my phone.

"Oh, all right. Well, have a great first day of school. And I'll see you home tonight for dinner?" She asked.

I smiled and grabbed my car keys, "Totally." I kissed her cheek, "Bye mom!"

I arrived at school and grabbed my English stuff from my locker before heading to Mr. Fitz's room and sitting down near the back. I took out my book and started to read. My stomach growled and I put my hand on it, hoping it would quiet down. I looked up when I heard a familiar voice and smiled,

"Aria."

"Oh my god. Grace?" Aria smiled, setting her bag down on the desk in front of me.

"Yeah." I stood up and hugged her, "You look amazing."