Best friends brother. ~Part 2, Malum ~

Calum.
.
The distant sounds of a plates crashing and the aftermath of screams and laughter could be heard over the bone trembling music. I sighed, looking back up at the starry night sky, hating my best friend for making me attended this disaster. She knew how much I hated parties. She knew I hated crowded spaces.
.
When I promised that I'd spend New Years with her, I stupidly thought she meant just the two of us. I knew the moment that I stepped out of my car however, that this wasn't the case.
.
It was okay though. I enjoyed being alone and loved more than anything to sit out and watch the night sky. I was having a wonderful time, and as far as (Y/F/N) knew, I was 'letting go' as she calls it, at her party.
.
"(Y/N)?" A deep voice asked, frightening me to no end. I jumped, my head snapping down from looking upwards and finding that (Y/F/N)'s older brother, Calum, was standing before me. He chuckled a little to himself. "Mind if I join?" He asked, not waiting for me to respond as he sat next to me on the cool grass.
.
He passed me one of the beers he was holding and I thanked him, clutching onto the condensed bottle for comfort.
"I thought I'd find you out here." He nudged my shoulder with his.
.
I was thankful for the darkness as my cheeks set on fire. He was looking for me? I blushed even more at the fact that he knew I would be no fun.
"Yeah . . ." I mumbled. "Parties aren't really my thing." I decided to say, taking a large sip of the beer. It tastes bitter. I didn't normally opt for beer.
.
"The countdowns about to start, you know." He told me. Our arms were touching. We were pressed against each other because of how close he had sat. I swallowed hard, nodding.
.
"I'd rather be here for it." I said lamely.
.
To my surprise he remained seated.
He smelt like alcohol. I knew he wasn't like me. He loved to party. What was he doing here with me?
.
"You don't have to wait with me." I blurted, feeling bad.
.
He laughed, confusing me to a whole new level. He wasn't drunk. Tipsy maybe, but not drunk. I knew exactly what he was like when he was drunk.
.
He must of felt my quizzical gaze as he turned to meet my eyes. I looked down, embarrassed. "I have a New Years confession." He announced.
.
I laughed softly. "Is that even a thing?" I asked, making him laugh too.
.
"It sure is." He promised, and even though it was dark, I could see him grinning.
.
In the background people had begun to count down from twenty. Loud yells, filled with anticipation.
.
"You see, (Y/N), for me, you are where the party is."
.
Suddenly, everything wasn't so funny anymore. I stared into his eyes as the rowdy guests screamed "One!" And Calum put his beer down and leant in to press our lips together.
"Happy New Year." He mumbled against my lips before his hands tangled into my hair as I put my own drink down and wrapped my arms around his back, pulling him closer.
I couldn't believe it. I really couldn't.
.
Maybe this New Year really could be a new beginning.

.
Michael.
.
A streak of sunlight glared through the crack in my eyelids, making me squint and snuggle deeper into the warm body which was holding me.
.
Shit!
.
Who the hell was I in bed with?
I sat up with a start, and as a result, so did the body. I turned around reluctantly and my world stopped.
.
"Michael?" I hissed, placing a shocked hand to my forehead. Jesus Christ. I'd just slept with my best friends brother. He stared at me, still unbelievably sleepy and even though I hate to admit it, completely adorable.
.
He groaned at the early start, his head probably banging like mad from last night. I know mine was. "Did we . . . You know . . ." He mumbled and I shrugged.
.
"Let's look." I decided. "On three?" I asked nervously. I was really dreading the answer. Either way, (Y/F/N) was going to eat me alive.
.
"One." He started for the both of us.
.
"Two, three." I rushed, pulling up my side of the duvet to find myself incredibly naked. And, by the way that Michael heaved the covers back over himself, I knew he was too.
.
"Ohhhhhh no." I panicked, shaking my head over and over. "She's going to hate me. She's actually going to hate me. And what about you? She'll be so angry, and-"
.
"(Y/N)." He placed a hand on my shoulder. "We'll be fine. Look we'll tell her together okay? She'll understand." He assured me, calming me down considerably.
.
"The worst part is, I can't even remember kissing you. We must have been so drunk." I grimaced, unbelievably ashamed.
.
"I wasn't that drunk." He muttered from beside me.
.
"What?" I snapped my head sideways.
.
"I wasn't that drunk. At least not at first, I came to find you. To tell you some stuff, but you were out of it I think, and so I left it, but we ended up kissing anyway. And then I don't remember much else, otherwise I obviously wouldn't have had sex with you if you weren't able to make your own decisions."
.
"Wait so . . . You wanted to kiss me?" I asked, not believing this.
.
He nodded, his cheeks pink.
"Want." He corrected. "I want to kiss you. And I sure as hell never wanted to be drunk the first time we slept together. I wanted to experience every aspect." He admitted, and before I knew what I was doing, I closed the distance between us, kissing him softly and quickly.
.
"Maybe you will. Eventually." I winked, definitely excited for whatever was going to happen next between us.