•He finds out you like him• (Lashton)

Luke

Trembling with anticipation, I fitted my feet perfectly in Mikey's footsteps towards the tour bus. It was all planned out, Luke was currently out and I had flown and travelled all day to come and surprise him. It was all Mikey's idea to come out, he told me that Luke had really been missing me. The thought of him even thinking about me was enough.
.
Luke and I's relationship was difficult, last year he had told me that he had feelings for me but I was too surprised to realise that I felt the same. It took me almost nine months to figure it out, Luke was beyond disappointed at my original rejection but we promised we would still make our friendship work. The only people who knew how I felt were his band mates. They were all very keen for something to happen and kindly paid for my plane ticket out here.
.
Mikey pushed open the large tour bus door and I was greeted by two lively boys.
"(Y/N)!" They yelled almost pushing me over as they came to hug me.
.
"Hey guys." I grinned from ear to ear, following them to their sofa, ready to catch up with them and await Luke's return. This was it. I was going to tell him how I feel. Despite figuring it out three months ago I hadn't wished to tell him over the phone or Skype, hence why I had waited for this moment. We spoke for a while before we heard the sounds of heavy footsteps outside, I braced myself as butterflies swarmed in my stomach. Here we go.
.
We heard the door fly open and slam shut again and moments later Luke stumbled in, only it wasn't just Luke. He had a girl pressed up against him, their mouths in a similar stance. Ashton coughed loudly causing Luke to snap his head around. Mikey's hand was squeezing mine, how long had he been doing that for? Oh god, oh god.
.
Luke's eyes widened and a grin broke out as he discovered I too was standing here.
"(Y:N)!" He exclaimed, bounding over.
.
"Surprise." I mumbled as he crashed into me, I limply returned the hug, still in total shock. Of course he would see other girls it had been so long since he'd told me he felt that way. I couldn't really hear, everything sounded muffled and I couldn't make sense of any words anyway. I could barely see either for that matter, I didn't know what to do, I just knew I needed to get out of there. In one swift motion I dodged past Luke and Ashton, and ran to find a bathroom.
.
Not having any luck, I just stumbled onto the nearest bed and bawled. This felt so awful. Why had I set my hopes so high?
"What's wrong with her?" I heard Luke's voice echo down the cramped halls. I couldn't hear the hushed response but I heard Luke's reaction.
.
"What?" He almost shouted. I heard heavy footsteps again and it was suddenly too late to hide as Luke was standing right in front of me.
"(Y/N)." His voice filled with pity as he sunk next to me. "I thought you said you couldn't think of me like that. You said you didn't want more than friendship." His voice was pained, maybe even slightly frustrated.
.
"I - I know, I'm sorry I didn't realise until recently and I-"
.
"It's alright. I just -" he paused rubbing his temple and taking a deep sigh. "It's just so frustrating you know? I liked you so much. You were all I thought about, all I wanted for such a long time. You made me feel as if I had no chance and I was devastated. It was incredibly difficult to get over you but I did it and now you have feelings for me? I can't go through it again, (Y/N). I can't. I love you but not like that anymore. I'm sorry." He placed a large, warm hand over mine and I burst into a whole new load of tears.
.
"Hey it's gonna be okay." He mumbled, taking his hand off mine and wrapping that arm around me, placing a gentle kiss on my forehead. "Trust me. You're still my best friend don't forget, and I'm still psyched that you came to visit. I've really missed you."
.

Ashton

Ashton had invited me to their bands recent party and I had been dreading it. I was so nervous during the weeks leading up to it. Ashton promised he would take me. At first he teased me about my nerves, but then he saw me visibly shaking when we arrived and he led me over to the bar, ordering me a drink and telling the waiter to put anything I ordered from then onwards onto his tab.
.
"You don't need to do that." I scolded him, he was always paying for things for me and he knew it made me feel rotten.
.
"But I want to." He shrugged, handing me a glass filled with a questionable coloured liquid as he began leading me around and introducing me to various people. Purely down to the nerves, I kept drinking and my anxiousness began to rapidly deteriorate.
.
A few hours later and I was dancing with a group of strangers until Ashton called my name. I stumbled towards the voice but ended up tripping and whacking my face into another persons shoulder. "Ouch!" I yelled, touching my nose to discover blood. "Oh man." I exploded into a fit of giggles, what a silly thing to do! The person apologised but ran off just as Ashton finally had found my whereabouts.
.
"Are you okay? Oh god come on we need to get you checked out."
.
"No! I want to party!" I sulked as he tugged my hand along. He chuckled but didn't say anything until I was inside his car.
"Can you drive though?" I panicked for the first time in a long while that evening.
.
"Yeah, I haven't managed to drink yet I had to sort a load of stuff out. The DJ didn't show up and then we - (Y/N)? What are you doing?"
.
I was trying to put my seat belt on but I just couldn't make myself think logically enough. Obviously I knew I needed a seatbelt so I was making my own version, wrapping it around my arms and body. He shook his head in disapproval but he was smirking to himself all the while.
.

My nose had finally stopped bleeding as the car pulled up. I peered out the window through the dark night to find Ash had brought me to an
A & E.  I opened my mouth to protest as it was only a bloody nose, but Ashton had already left the car and was opening my door to hoist me out.
.
I stumbled beside him towards the building, my world slightly spinning. Ashton registered me and we waited patiently in the waiting room to be seen. He kept asking me all these questions, his phone in hand from searching  what a serious nose bleed after a hit could mean.
"This is why I like you so much, Ash. You're so kind."
.
He chuckled, his hazel eyes melting into mine. "I like you a lot too."
.
"Nu-uh, Not how I mean it." I whispered to myself, giggling at my own secret.
.
Apparently it hadn't been as silent as I thought. "What does that mean?" Ashton's had one bushy eyebrow raised, and a confused expression across his face.
.
"I like you, Ash. I really super duper like you."
.
His eyes went wide and he appeared stunned. I didn't know why, I thought he knew, everyone knew.
"(Y/N)," he seamed closer all of a sudden, his demeanour suddenly more serious than ever. "Are you saying that because you're drunk and I'm here or because you actually feel that way."
.
I sighed, my head beginning to hurt and everything still dazed.
"I'm saying it because it's the truth, I'm telling you because I'm drunk. Meaning I will definitely hate myself tomorrow."
.
I expected him to laugh but instead he swallowed thickly, clearly thinking hard as my name was called to be seen.
.
The next morning.
.
Urgh, why do I drink? My head hurt, my tummy felt funny and I do absolutely, positively make the WORST decisions in the universe. Now I had to sit and face the mistake as Ashton sat opposite me but on the same sofa clearly wondering where to even begin.
"So . . . you have feelings for me?" He opted to just put it out there.
.
"Look I'm so, so sorry, Ash. Please say this won't effect anything between us, I couldn't live with myself if it did."
.
He grinned his adorable grin and I instantly relaxed. Phew. I may have massively embarrassed myself but at least I was no longer hiding anything from him and he still wanted to be my friend.
.
But then his expression turned serious and my stomach tightened.
"Things need to change or I won't be happy at all though."
.
I sighed, I knew it was too good to be true. No friend would want to stick around with the awkwardness that would surely follow my secret spill. I looked down at the ground but suddenly felt his warm hand land on mine making my heart pound.
.
"What's the point of staying friends when we both like each other? Surely we should change some things." He smiled.
I grinned a toothily, slightly surprised but more overwhelming with happiness.
.
He scooted closer to me on the sofa.
"For example, I don't want to just be friends whilst I stare at you when your not looking and think about how beautiful you are but not be able to tell you. I don't want to watch your lips and not be able to kiss them any more. I just, I want . . ." He trailed off, leaning in as he kissed me gently, his hand cupping the left side of my face. "I want us."
.
"You like me?" My insides warmed as we pulled apart.
.
He smiled wider, nodding his head.
"I've wanted this for a very long time." He admitted and I nearly collapsed with happiness. Me too, I thought. Me too.