Chapter 8

It's been three days. Nothings changed. Sam and Bobby have been looking everywhere, trying to find some sort of answer. Dean tried to help, but he often ended up sitting next to you, keeping you company. After the first day it was hard to get off the window bench. All of your energy had been zapped, and you spent so much time asleep it scared you. When you were awake, you felt good, until another spell of dizziness over took you. Dean wouldn't let you go anywhere by yourself, worried that you would black out and hurt yourself. At first you enjoyed the attention, but now it was starting to grate on your nerves. Cas hadn't been back, and all the research so far had been fruitless. The despair was starting to eat at you, it was hard knowing any day now would be your last, both here and back home.

"You hungry?" Dean asks, holding a plate towards you. You shake your head no, making Dean unhappy. "Come on princess, you have to eat. Keep up your strength."

"Why Dean? It's useless! My body is slowly dying, and I'm slowly fading away here. Food isn't going to help me now!" You yell at him, then feel bad for your tantrum. "I'm sorry Dean, I'm just so frustrated, and exhausted. I'm not sure how much more I can take."

"I know, but you have to keep fighting, and eating. Otherwise, you'll fade away from me faster." Dean tells you, setting the plate in front of you.

"So get this!" Sam exclaims from the desk. "This book says there is a way to connect you to your body. And that once your soul, which is here, connects with your body, you should start healing."

"What are the ingredients?" Dean asked.

You just sat there, glad they had found a way, but heart broken that you couldn't stay here. There was nothing left for you there. You slowly get up, placing your hand on the wall to settle your swaying head. Dean quickly moves over to help you, but you push him away.

"I'm okay, I just need some air." You start moving to the door, and Dean follows. "Alone Dean."

His face dropped at your tone of voice, but complies, watching as you walk out onto Bobby's front porch. You sat down on one of the old metal chairs, and let the tears fall. Life had finally gotten interesting, and now it was over. If you survived, you would go back to your old boring life, with no bright smile, or green eyes to great you. No Impala to ride in, with loud classic rock music, and louder voices of the brothers arguing. Making your decision, you walk back in.

"I don't want to do the spell." You announce, shocking everyone.

"Why the hell not?" Dean storms over to you, shock evident in his face.

"I don't want to leave you. I have nothing holding me there. I would rather spend whatever little time I have with you, happy."

"But..." Dean stutters, not knowing how to respond.

"Y/ N, but you will die here," Sam tried to reason with you.

"I know, and I'm okay with that. As long as I get to spend a little longer with you."

Dean knew there was no way to persuade you. "Fine, but no hunting. We will stay at Bobby's and try to find another way. "

You raised up on your toes, pecking Dean on the cheek. "Thank you Dean. Now I'm off to bed."

Dean's P.O.V.

Dean waited until you slowly made your way up the stairs, grimacing as he noticed how hard the steps were for you. Then he turned towards his brother Sam.

"How easy is it to get the items for the spell?"

"But Dean, you heard what Y/ N said..." Sam tried to argued.

"I know, but I can't stand to see her suffer. I would rather her be healthy. Now will you do this with me, or am I going to have to do this by myself. "

"No I'll help you, but can't we wait until Cas..."

"No."

"Bobby has all the ingredients," Sam said, showing Dean the page.

Within ten minutes, they had all the ingredients set out, and they were ready to do the spell. They hadn't woken Bobby up, knowing he would argue.

Before they completed the spell, Dean stopped. "Give me a minute to say bye. Then please finish it."

Dean slowly walked up the stairs, his heart heavy as he made his way to say goodbye. Opening the door, he saw Y/ N asleep on top of the covers, cuddled up in one of his flannel shirts. Seeing her in his shirt made him smile. They might have only known each other a short time, but she had quickly carved a spot in his heart. He loved her, and wished he didn't have to give her up, but it was safer this way.

Walking over, he brushed a lock of hair out of her face, relishing one last touch. He leaned down, gently brushing his lips across her temple, causing her to stir. Hoping he didn't wake her, he held his breath, but she settled back down. Noticing her necklace, Dean took it off, keeping it as a momento of their time together.

"Bye princess, I love you and wish I didn't have to do this, but it's for the best. I hope you find someone, and have a wonderful life. Forget about me." Dean whispered as a tear slipped down his cheek. Taking a slip of paper, he quickly wrote something, slipping it in her hand, as she slowly vanished from his sight. Sam had just completed the spell, breaking his heart in two.