Chapter 9: Klaus' Minions

Stefan's P.O.V.

I entered the grill with Damon by my side. I found him drinking at home with dried tears covering his face. He was upset so I didn't bother to do much talking. It was like someone died in our car. We motioned toward Elena and the others to tell them some...disturbing news. 

"Hey." I said.

"You came." she said softly. I smiled and nodded my head. We all sat down and Elena stared at Damon. I knew it was nothing serious. She cared for him and did bother me at times, but this situation was different. We both needed caring for. But, she loved me and I loved her. That was all that mattered. 
"What?" Damon said to Elena.

"Are you alright?" she asked.

"Um...Yeah I'm fine. Now...stop staring....it's freaking me out." he responded.

I tugged against her arm.

"Just let him be for a while."I said.

She nodded and I turned to face the others.

"We have some interesting....news." Damon said.

I looked around the table to find everyone's eyes glued to us.

"Well..." Jeremy said.
"We all know how Klaus had vampires running everywhere."

"Yeah, I mean one of them tried to bring me to Klaus." Elena said.

"Exactly. More will be coming to town to try to find you. They will hurt or KILL anyone who comes in there way just to get on Klaus's good side."  Damon said.

"We're not sure when they will come but definitely soon." I added. "All we need to do is watch out and look out carefully."

"So, Klaus is trying to get revenge?" Bonnie asked.

"Not realllly. But in a way were not on his good side. Besides, no one knows there was a ritual that took place besides us." I said.

I looked at Elena who looked worried. I squeezed her hand and she turned to face me. I have her a everythings-going-to-be-alright look. 

"We just need to be careful that's it! It;s not gonna be my fault if you get killed." Damon said. Of course cocky Damon.

"Also, someone has to be with Elena at all times." I added.

"That means cellphones have to be on at All times." Damon said.

He stared at Elena. "You are not to be left alone...anywhere." he said.

Everyone nodded. "Have we encountered or met any yet?" Tyler said.

"Damon did have a run in with one of them today. But, before we got to the details with him we...killed him." I said.

They all looked up. "So that's how we know." Jeremy said.

"Oh, you have to make sure your mom doesn't get involved with any of this. We can't have the council tagging along to hunt vampires. Got it Wolfie?" Damon stated.

"I know...I know. I don't want her to get involved anyways. Its bad enough she doesn't know the werewolf secret." he said.

"Same goes for you Caroline. Sheriff Forbes definitely is not allowed to enter this situation." I said.

She nodded. "She's gonna lay low with the vampire secret. But, I won't get into detail." she said.

"OH, try not to get killed." Damon said. I let out a deep breath. So much for a normal vampire life....