Chapter 5 Athena's Betrayal

(Athena's POV 12:10 PM Streets around New York Mall)

I can't believe this. It isn't possible. Why is he here? He's supposed to be dead. Theseus Died a long time ago. Why now. It can't be Gaia, we got everyone back. Is he angry? Did he miss me? Is he angry with me? Is he heartbroken still? Where is he anyway?

I continued my searches down the street looking for that dirty sea spawn. Well maybe he's better than the other's. NO don't go and get into all that again. I'm a maiden goddess, and wisdom goddess. Mind over heart.

I reached a small children's park just off to a larger park. Theseus was sitting there eating some ice cream. Seems he had time to adapt to the 21st century.

"May I join you?" I still had manners. That and yelling how you are alive after four thousand years would freak the mortals out.

"Of course. Vanilla on a chocolate dipped cone" I nodded and accepted it.

"Thank you, it's my favorite" I looked it over then him and took a hesitant bite.

"It's not poisoned or anything. Plus I know it's your favorite." I took a bite and sighed at its goodness.

"How and why are you here?" I looked at him but he just stared out watching the kids play. He looked so at peace and kind like he used to in Athens. He sighed and turned his head to me.

"I will tell if you swear on the Styx first not to talk about it until I say." His character had turned dark and serious. I thought it over for a second, hoping it's nothing I am going to regret.

"I swear on the Styx" He smiled. Oh that smile. I blushed and turned back to the park. By now the kids had ran in because of a light rain storm coming in.

"Perseus is the answer to both those questions." I looked at him quizzically and he chuckled.

"A third war is coming, the fates want the earth in balance and Zeus won't cut it." I was appalled by this. My father has been doing his job better than kronos would have.

"My father is the strongest being in existence. He can keep some balance or whatever plus you still didn't tell my why you are here." He chuckled and leaned forward. Two white wings stretched out from his back. They were pure white. The wing span was at least 20 feet long. He rested his elbows on his thighs and his chin on his hand. His right wing adjusted itself over my head, protecting me from the cold rain. His other just sat there as he got soaked.

"Why aren't you covering yourself?" He chuckled as if I was supposed to know something.

"They don't bend that way. As for the reason why I'm here, Percy wanted to see Hestia and.... I wanted to see you." He had a small brush run across his cheeks. His foot was tapping to an unknown beat.

"So they're in a secret relationship?" I asked. I brushed the hair out of my face and tucked it behind my ear.

"If everything went as planned they should be married." I must have looked stupid because he was tearing up with laughter. I hit him in the back of his head.

"What in the world was that" He had an annoyed face and his words were hard. Darn I need to be on his good side.

"Well you're telling me that my aunt, a maiden goddess is married. But, I'm sorry." I scooted closer and rubbed the spot I hit on his head. He smiled and lean on my hand enjoying it. Yes, back on his good side. Now I just need to figure out what Perseus is up to.

"It's alright I was shocked to" He looked at his watch and sighed.

"Expecting someone?" He chuckled at my response.

"Why jealous?" He grinned like he won.

"N... No why would I, I'm a maiden goddess. I have no need to be jealous of some mortal girl or whoever or whatever. I fake blushed and looked away. He looked over in the other direction then back at me.

"I agree, my dating skills are too rusty for this time period. I haven't dated oh since us in Athens. The night you left me during the festival." His expression saddened. I dint know I hurt him.

"What about the years after I left?" He chuckled a little and looked out to the empty playground.

"I settled in a small home on the edge of town and lived a quiet life. I took in two little orphans, later to only rise and become a naval genius and defend against the Persians. As for the girl, she lived a normal life and died happily." He smiled recalling all the memories they must have had.

"Why didn't you marry?" He chuckled again.

"Why don't most people who fall for a god? They can't forget that one god or goddess." He stood up and turned away.

"I've missed you Athena but a war is coming, if Zeus doesn't drop his pride Olympus will fall. Not by Percy but by some of the other primordial. Only Percy can decide to let Olympus fall or save it again." He smiled at me one last time before disappearing. Now what can I do. I have to know more. Maybe show interest in him again. Get captured? Bleh I'll have to wait and see.

(Clarisse's POV 12:35 PM Camp Half Blood)

I was finishing my usual job of training swordsmanship and spearman-ship. I told the newbies to go to lunch while I get changed. I walked over to my bag an found a small scroll. When I opened it there were letters scribed in imperial gold.

Dear War girl,

It's Percy as you have guessed already. The reason I can't come in person is because I have been banned for putting Hercules six foot under, literally. Haha, I really enjoyed it. But the real reason is that I'm sending this is because the fates have chosen me to raise my own kingdom. A war will come and I have been chosen to either let Olympus fall and destroy the enemy or help the Gods and try and live in harmony. Either way my kingdom needs a war goddess. Achilles (I raised a few people from the dead.) and I decided you're the one for the job.

By opening this scroll you have made a swear on the Styx. So you have three nights to choose. If you accept the go to Zeus' fist. We have also asked one other to join us and you will meet him soon if you choose to join us in the Carthspire .Now Zeus or anyone can read this but you.

Sincereley, Lord of the NeoTItans.

(Nico's POV 9:00 PM Hade's Cabin)

Gods why are there missing souls. More importantly why am I looking for them? It's my dad's domain. It isn't a quest so why do I have to look. I threw my sword on the shelf across the room. My clothes were covered in ash and I don't want to know what to do. Dad is expecting some progress and I haven't got anything. I washed up and decided to skip the bonfire and get some sleep.

When I walked up to the mirror I saw the scroll siting on the chest at the end of the bed.

I picked it up and turned to the guards.

"Who was here?" No reply.

I opened the scroll and the letters were scribed in gold.

Dear Death breath,

It's Percy as you have guessed already. The reason I can't come in person is because I have been banned for putting Hercules six foot under, literally. Haha, I really enjoyed it. But the real reason is that I'm sending this is because the fates have chosen me to raise my own kingdom. A war will come and I have been chosen to either let Olympus fall and destroy the enemy or help the Gods and try and live in harmony. Either way my kingdom needs a "Titan of the Dead". My brothers (I raised a few people from the dead.) and I decided you're the one for the job.

By opening this scroll you have made a swear on the Styx. So you have three nights to choose. If you accept then go to Zeus' fist. We have also asked one other to join us and you will meet her soon if you choose to join us in the Carthspire.

Sincerely, Lord of the NeoTItans.

Im in.