Chapter Two

(y/ns POV)

"This sounds good," she says as we walk to the room we share in the homestead.

We sit down on my bed and she's the first to say anything, "okay, spill. What's going on?"

I hesitate, regretting my decision. I begin thinking how I could change what we're talking about. But I decide it's better to just tell her, what's the worst that could happen? And if there's anyone who could give me advice it was her.

"I think I like someone..." I start to say until Teresa butts in.

"OH MY GOD! Who is it?"

"Um... it's um... well..." I couldn't tell her, I just couldn't.

"Is it Newt?" She asks. "You guys would be so cute together!"

"You think so?" I ask excited.

"So it is Newt!"

"Not so loud! His room is right next to ours! But he doesn't like me anyway. All the gladers but Newt are constantly hitting on me and I had to fall for him."

"Ok good, I couldn't imagine you liking any of the other gladers, with all the catcalls and fighting over you. It's annoying, I don't know how you deal with it, they never did that to me. But you should see Newt when he hears them doing that, his face gets really red and then he walks into the forest to cool off. It's cute how he's protective of you," Teresa says.

"He isn't protective, he hates me," I say disappointed.

"Far from it! I think he's just shy, but I don't know for sure. I'll see what I can do y/n."

"But don't talk to Newt! Teresa I swear if you do-" I start to say but Teresa cuts me off.

"Y/n, calm down! I promise I won't talk to Newt, but I don't think I'll have to."

I settle down, relieved that Newt won't know about my crush on him. "Okay. I'm hungry, let's get dinner."

"Good that," Teresa says, starting towards the kitchen.