Chapter Five

(y/ns POV)

After Newt leaves Teresa looks at me, excited. "Y/n!" Teresa exclaims.

"What?" I say.

"He hears you screaming and rushes in here-without his shirt on-worried about you. He totally has a crush on you. You have to admit it now, you guys are perfect for each other!"

"Come on Teresa, he can hardly even stand to look at me," I protest.

"Yeah, when you're looking. I've seen him when you guys are working together in the gardens, he stares at you, but he makes sure you won't see. He does it all day, I'm not joking. It's cute," Teresa says.

No, he can't. He doesn't like me I think to myself but if he was staring at me he might.

"Really? Why hasn't anyone told me this?"

"Yeah! I wouldn't have said it if it wasn't true. I always thought you liked him, but I didn't know for sure. Then you told me earlier and I just got excited and I forgot to tell you. He likes you, y/n, you have to tell him how you feel."

"I still don't know."

"He does love you, y/n, everyone else knows. I'm gonna talk to Thomas tomorrow and see if he knows anything about it, which he will. He'll tell me Newt loves you and then Newt will ask you out and you'll fall in love and then before you know it we'll have a bunch of little baby Newts running around the glade," Teresa says sarcastically.

"I think we'll have little Thomas's sooner."

"I really will talk to Thomas tomorrow, but until then we should get some rest," Teresa says before blowing out the candle in our room. "Good night y/n."

I sigh and slip under my blankets. I soon fall into a peaceful sleep, dreaming of Newt.