Chapter Three

(y/ns POV)

After we get our pasta from frypan we sit down with Thomas, Minho, and Newt. Although he won't look at me, Newt doesn't leave the table. I guess that's a step in the right direction.

"Hey gorgeous, can I sit?" Now it was Gally.

"You're gonna sit down anyways," I reply unenthusiastically.

Gally sits as close to me as he can and puts his arm around my shoulders, but I slip under his arm. Everyone laughs, even Newt.

"You should probably go," Thomas says, he's always been like an older brother to me, keeping the other gladers away.

Seeing he is unwelcome Gally goes to sit with the other builders.

"Oh my god, thanks. I hate Gally," I say.

"No problem," Thomas replies.

"As long as you aren't dating that shank," Newt says, then looks back down at his food.

Teresa looks at me and wiggles her eyebrows.

"Gross. On the list of people I would date he's dead last."

"Where am I on that list, honey?" Minho asks.

"Close second," I answer.

Everyone laughs, and Newt laughs the loudest. Teresa looks at me again, and makes a heart with her hands, making sure no one else can see. I just roll my eyes at her, he doesn't like me.

"I'm exhausted, y/n are you coming?" Teresa asks.

"Yeah. Night guys," I say as I wave good bye.

They all wave back except Newt. I guess he really doesn't like me. It was stupid to get my hopes up, how could I be so dumb?