Chapter Seven

(Newts POV)

I went to Thomas's room so fast I almost ran, once I got there I begin to frantically bang on the door.

"I'm coming! I'm coming! God-" Thomas stops when he sees it's me. "Hey what's up? Is something wrong?" Thomas could always tell when I wasn't happy, he was my best friend.

"It's y/n and Teresa," I say.

"What's happened to Teresa?" Thomas asks panicked.

"No, no. Nothing happened to them not like that. I overheard them talking about who y/n likes, and she likes me. And Teresa is going to ask you tomorrow if I like y/n, but you CANNOT, I repeat, CANNOT tell her anything. Do you understand?" I almost scream.

"I can't lie to Teresa, Newt you know I can't."

"Please, Tommy. Please. It will ruin everything."

"First of all there isn't anything, you won't even shucking talk to her or even look her in the eye. And if she does like you this could be good. Teresa will tell y/n and then you'll both know that you guys like each other. You have the advantage here, you know she likes you. Make a move, she won't reject you."

"Please just don't tell Teresa anything."

Thomas thinks about it for a minute. "You know I can't lie to her, but I can try to avoid the question."

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Thank you so much, Tommy," I say relieved.

"Sure, now could you let me get some sleep slinthead?" Thomas jokes.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm leaving you bloody shank."