Chapter Ten

(Newts POV)

After lunch I take Tommy into my room to tell him everything that happened at breakfast.

"Newt! Congrats," Thomas says after I tell him what happened.

"I mean it's not a date or anything but it's a start," I respond.

"It's a lot more than you had yesterday," Thomas says.

"And she kept looking at me at work in the gardens, I even caught her staring. And she might've caught me too," I say, smiling at the memory.

"That's great, man," Thomas says, sounding genuinely happy for me.

"So, how much did you tell Teresa?"

"I'm sorry, I told her everything. But we made y/n go sit with you and Minho-which actually turned out quite well-and I told Teresa not to tell y/n unless it was really necessary. I really am sorry, but it was either you mad at me or my girlfriend mad at me and trust me, the last thing you want is your girlfriends mad at you..."

"I told you not to tell Teresa! They're best friends they're probably next door taking about it right now."

Thomas doesn't say anything, thinking for a moment.

"Bloody hell Tommy, just spit it out already," I say, frustrated.

"Well if they're talking about it right now, couldn't we go listen?"

"You're a buggin' genius," I say, dragging him over to the wall.

We both put our ears up against it, but it's almost dead silent.

"Hear anything?" I ask.

"No it's weird, I know they're in there," Tommy says. "Maybe they left?"

"Probably," I say disappointed.

"We should get back to work anyways. Don't worry, you'll see her tonight."