ten

July 1st

0921 EST

CJ felt his mind racing. Literally.

He needed to calm down. He tried to slow his breaths, but it felt as if he was hyperventilating at the speed he ran. CJ then noticed a tingling sensation coming from his hands. When he looked down he saw his hands vibrating profusely.

The sight was enough to distract the speedster from his actions, so he skidded to a stop in what seemed to be a little town across from their own. He looked around, taking a breath to gather his thoughts. Sighing to himself, CJ walked over to the curb of the road he was on and sat down, his head in his hands.

If it weren't for Tristan and his stupid critical tendencies, CJ wouldn't have sprinted off. But he had, and now the speedster was a town over with only his quick-fire thoughts to keep him company. He ran a hand through his hair in frustration, until a voice broke him out of his reverie.

"Having fun?"

CJ felt as if practically jumped out of his own skin. He turned to face a familiar face.

"The Flash's Lightning Bolt, Bristol," CJ had to catch his breath once again. "Didn't anyone ever tell you not to sneak up on people who are having an internal battle with themselves? How did you even get here, anyways?"

Bristol sighed. "What is it with you and the Flash, Stone?" She gave him a sideways glance before smiling a bit. "And one, no I can't say anyone has told me that before and two, Priscilla teleported me here to check on you. I wanted to make sure you were alright."

The speedster took a slow inhale, and an even slower exhale. He then remembered what brought him to the place he was in now, and sat back down. It might have been Bristol sitting next to him, but the wind started to pick up, and CJ could imagine how this scene must look to others. A discouraged boy and a too good beautiful girl trying to comfort him, hair blowing in the wind.

Pathetic, he thought.

CJ heard Bristol sigh and then she spoke out.

"I don't need Telepathy to know what's on your mind, you know." The brunette girl said, giving him a sympathetic look. "You ran to blow off steam from what happened between you and Tristan, right?"

"Actually no," He let out a pathetic chuckle. "I was actually thinking how us sitting here together looks like a lame romantic comedy."

Bristol gave him a curious look, but realization filled her eyes and her lips curled up into a soft smile. "It does," she laughed.

Despite all that was racing through his head and heart, CJ found himself smiling. He turned to face her. It irritated the speedster quite often how he can run faster than Mach 4 and never need to catch his breath, but when he stares at Bristol it's like he needed to learn how to breathe all over again.

"Uh, CJ?" Bristol voiced, her voice laced with a laugh. "What're you staring at?"

CJ blinked as if he had been flicked between the eyes. He said something really intelligent, like "Uhhh," He felt his cheeks warm up and he averted his gaze.

Thankfully, Bristol laughed. "Come on, Speedy, how about a side mission to cheer you up?" She asked, standing up. She held out a hand, an amiable glint in her chocolate eyes.

CJ bit his lip, but took Bristol's hand. He stood and smiled, but when Bristol let go of his hand, he felt a pang of disappointment echo within him. He forced the feeling away. "So, Avatar, what do you have in mind for this side mission of yours?"

Bristol ran a hand through her dark hair, looking down the city street they were on. "I'm not sure exactly, but I guess that's half the fun." She smiled at him impishly before starting down the street.