Chapter 1

Reanee put her book down onto her bed and looked up.

"Telephone," her mother replied handing Reanee the phone.

Reanee took it and her mother left.

"Hello?" Reanee asked.

"This Reanee partlow?" A female voice asked.

"Yes. Who is calling?" Reanee asked right back.

"Miss Partlow you have been chosen. You can not refuse, so pack up. You will get more information soon," the woman replied.

"What are you talking about. I think you have the wrong number," Reanee exclaimed, but the person had already hung up.

Reanee hung up and stared at the phone with concussion.

"Mom!" Reanee shouted.

"Ssh... Your grandparents and sybolings are still asleep," her mom scolded, with her eyes narrowed.

Reanee realized her mom was angry and she did not know why.

"Why are you angry? I think they had the wrong number..." Reanee started to say.

"Don't you dare lie to me. When did you sign up for the Alien Service?" Her mother interrupted.

"Alien Service? I did not sign up for that," Reanee answered, shocked.

Her mother snarled, "Pack Up!"

Her mother left the room, taking the phone with her. Reanee reluctantly did what she was told. Her belongings were small considering she had just started to accumulate what she had lost. Her mother gave her all her important papers. She was able to pack everyone of hers in her green suitcase. She joined her family for lunch, but they gave her the silent treatment. Reanee truly did not understand what was going on. Reanee finished the dishes when the phone rang. Her grandmother answered it.

"Hello?" her grandmother asked.

A murmered question was asked.

"Yes," her grandmother answered, glaring at Reanee.

A murmered command was spoked.

"Open the door," her grandmother ordered.

Reanee opened the door and two men walked inside. Wanda put the phone down after hanging up.

"Who are you guys?" Reanee asked, ignoring her family's glares.

"We are here to tell Miss. Reanee her assignment as part of the Alien Service," a tall man answered.

"Could you tell who signed her up because she does not remember doing it?" Reanee asked.

A short man snorted, then said, "She did not sign up. She was chosen. Now who is Miss. Partlow?"

"I am," Reanee answered reluctantly, ignoring her family's shocked faces.

"You," the tall man laughed.

"I would love to understand the joke," Reanee frowned, crossing her arms.