Chapter 11

Both looked up to find an angry male dragon, but Reanee knew it meant King Andrew no harm. Reanee physically withdrew from the King as she got off the arm of his thrown. Reanee stepped a few steps away and watched. Andrew waved the male dragon forward, warily as Reanee set up a soothing shield among them. The dragon calmed and shifted to human as the doors closed behind him. The dragon-man walked forward and bowed.
Suddenly, Angelica pushed open the thrown door and ran in, frightened. She bowed and rose as the dragon-man rose, but did not stop. She ran right up to Reanee and his behind her. She actually grabbed the back of Reanee's shirt, shaking with fear. Andrew stood as the dragon-man stared at Angelica. Then the dragon-man swirled around facing the thrown doors as the doors banged open once again. Two male dragons entered and Reanee sensed that these two were dangerous. Reanee pushed Angelica backwards as Andrew and the dragon-man turned into dragons.

"What is this?" Andrew rumbled as the doors closed behind the two dragons.

"She belongs to us!" one of the dangerous dragons growled.

"Belong! Angelica does not belong to you two!" the dragon-man snarled.

"The bigger one wants me as a mate and I have denied him, but he will not back off. The other one is his brother," Angelica whimpered, softly.

The three snarling dragons did not hear, but Andrew and Reanee did.

"That means you should find your mate soon," Andrew rumbled, softly, as David and Jacob joined the entered.

"If only Jacob was interested," Angelica whispered.

Reanee and Andrew snorted. They had both noticed Jacob watching Angelica every chance he got when he thought no one was watching.

"Quiet!" Andrew roared and everyone froze.

"Has she accepted either of you?" Andrew asked.

The two growled, "No!"

"Did her father betroth either of you to his daughter?" Andrew asked.

"No!" the two dragons and the dragon-man growled.

"Then back off. If you want her as a mate COURT HER and maybe she might agree. DO NOT FORCE HER INTO IT!" Andrew rumbled.

Reanee knew he was not just talking to the two dragons but Jacob as well. The two dragons mumbled and then left, not wishing to court Angelica. Andrew and the dragon-man shifted to human.

"Daughter, let us go," the dragon-man replied, holding his hand out to Angelica.

"Wait, sir! I would like to ask if I could court Angelica if she is willing," Jacob announced, as he looked at Angelica as she stepped out and away from Reanee.

Angelica's mouth fell open as sh moved toward the others.

"Daughter?" her father asked.

"Yes, Oh, Yes!" Angelica shouted as she went to Jacob's side.

She hugged him.

"I thought you were not interested," she whispered.

"I have been trying to get my courage up. I an definitely interested," he whispered, as he hugged her back.

Angelica finally looked up to find that her father had left after wishing them luck. David was up against the wall near the thrown door watching then, smiling. Andrew was sitting in his thrown with his eyes closed and Reanee was shaking his shoulder. Angelica moved away from Jacob.

"King Andrew?" Angelica called.

David and Jacob's attention snapped toward the King, but he did not respond. The three of them rushed forward.

"What happened?" Jacob asked.