Seven~Footsteps on the stairs

Damien drove a white Lamborghini, may I repeat a while Lamborghini, I felt like I would ruin the seat if I got in but I got in anyway. I gave him directions and he followed obediently until the driveway of our five bedroomed house came to view.

"Thanks" I said as I unbuckled my seat held and grabbed my things.

"No problem is anyone home? The place looked deserted" he said stating at the house.

If he knew I was home alone he could do something, anything so I lied "My moms coming back in a few minutes"

He nodded "See you around Lara"

I cringed but didn't show my discomfort "Bye" I said dryly and hopped out. He waited for me to enter the front door before driving off, the sound of his Engine was more like a you-can-breath-now signal and I finally felt like I could. When I went to switch on the lights they weren't turning on, the electricity must have gone out. Great.

Thank God for mobile phones, I flicked the torch on and felt around the foyer to find the steps but the deeper I went into the house the more muddy foot steps began to appear on the floor, they were Bigger than my feet by far and bigger than my moms feet too. And the vase on the phone desk was broken too, spilling brown soil all over the wooden floors.

I began breathing heavily, my hands started to shake and my heart thumped furiously in my chest. It couldn't be mom because she went to aunt heathers house but it couldn't hurt to try, maybe she left something "Mom? Are you home?"

No one replied. Only but the lazy echo of the house telling me that I was alone in my house but was I really.

"Mommy wouldn't want you to be scared"

It breathed down my neck. Causing the hair on my skin to stand straight, it's breath smelt of something that I couldn't quiet decipher. A painful sting jolted up my arm as something dug into my skin, it felt like claws, this person has claws? This was a déjà vu moment I just couldn't remember a time when I was in a situation like this "Laraa, you let me in don't you remember? Even your two friends let me in"

Was he talking about Nikki and Cassie?

"And we all know what happened to them" he breathed. My lip trembled but I didn't cry, I kneed him hard causing him to stumble and I ran upstairs as fast as my tiny legs could carry me.

Your an idiot Lara why would you run upstairs? To a place where there is no way of escape. I ran Into my room and double locked the door, ran into my bathroom and doubled locked that too. I also grabbed my dads old baseball bat from the corner and crouched down against the door.

I was in so much shock I could barely fish out my phone from my pocket, it was as if I was being controlled, I immediately scrolled down to one name and let it ring.

"You know I'm driving right?"

"There's someone in my house" I sobbed to receiver.

"What?" Damien gasped.

"There in my house I-" I was cut off my a loud bang. It startled me so much I nearly dropped my phone, the bang sounded like something had just broken, something someone had just knocked down.

"What the fuck was that bang?" Damien cursed.

"he's knocked my door down!" I cried even harder. I felt like I couldn't breathe, like the room was closing in, like the walls were going to crush me but I guess that was just my heart rate increasing.

"Hold on I'm coming, barricade the door or something" he said and cut the phone. Barricade it with what? The toilet?

The footsteps grew louder and more sinister, I was living in a horror movie and I hated it. I was so close to a panic attack. Three knocks came at my bathroom door, slow and loud knocks followed by a deep and terrifying voice "Lara let me in"

How did he know my name?

"Go away!" I screamed. It was just a hallucination, I was hallucinating again, it was because I stopped taking Dr Mac's pills. She said the trauma to my head when I jumped off the bridge had 'messed up' my brain and I would experience much worse hallucinations than just my dad coming to speak to my during the night.

"That's what your friends said" he chuckled.

"Fuck off you creep, the police are on their way!" I'm actually really good at lying.

After my little threat the knocking stopped and there was an eerie silence in the air but I couldn't bring myself to remove my head from between my knees. The soft drip of the tap water from the sink was enough to reassure me I haven't passed out, at least not yet.

Another knock came, this time it was faster and less forceful "Lara? Open the door it's Damien"

I heard him but I couldn't move.

"Lara it's me please open the door your safe now"

Still I didn't reply or move. I merely stared wearily at the black and white tiled floor thinking of what just happened. I heard a sigh and a
Slight bang against the wall, after about five minutes my shaking hand found a way to the cold lock and door nob. I opened the door just a crack and peaked into the dark room, Damien was sat on the floor, head leaning against the wall and a tired and fatigued expression on his face. When he noticed I'd finally opened the door he just stayed in that position.

"How did you get passed him?" I asked softly, brushing away hair from my mouth and wiping lose tears.

His face stayed the same "There was no one here, your door wasn't even broken into"

And he was right, my door was still standing, the hinges still holding it together "B-but what about the muddy footprints downstairs? There was a vase broken too"

"The only foot prints down stairs are yours and the vase isn't broken, there is no sign of a struggle and no signs of forced entry" he told me.

I opened my mouth but no words came out. They were stuck on my throat, the man was here, he broke down my door, he scratched my arm-

"Look at my arm" I said and twisted my body so my arm was facing him "There's scratch marks right?"

He nodded "Three faint scratch marks"

"He scratched me"

"I think you need to rest"

"You don't believe me?" I whispered.

"It's not that I don't believe you, it's just there's no evidence except for your scratch marks" he said and sighed "Come on" he helped me up off the floor, removed my coat for me, remade my bed and ushered me into the covers.

I couldn't fall asleep because Damien was sat on a chair in the corner of the room, taking a long drag of his cigarette and watching me; with him around I was vulnerable in my own house. I didn't even have the energy to tell him not to smoke in my house "Are you just going to sit there all night?"

He smirked "Yes"

"Why?"

"So I can kill you in your sleep"

My body tensed "You don't mean that do you?"

His smile widened even more but in the darkness he looked sinister, almost lethal "Go to sleep Lara"

I didn't reply. Sleep had already stalked it's way to me.

~*~

Okay guise first of all THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE READS YOU ARE SO BEAUTIFUL AND I LOVE YOU SO SO SO SO SO MUCH YA'LL ARE MY BABIES MUWWAHHH :*

You guys are so beautiful so don't let anyone tell you your not okay? and hey I love talking to you guys so If you want to drop me a message to say hi I would love that :)