Twenty~Whisper whisper whisper

"I hope you hear my voice is every song that you sing. I hope you see my face in every passing car, I hope every heart beat reminds you of how mine was always in sync with yours, I hope you see my passion for painting in every canvas that you see, I hope you realise that my name alone could silence your demons even when I was dancing with your angels. I hope I haunt you the way you have always haunted me"

• • •

"This is making me really sad seeing you like this!" Ella screamed as I got into the car. I waved Meg a quick bye before we began driving off, mom came to pick up the car half way through school because Mr fryer wanted her in Georgia by morning for some board meeting.

Thanks for taking my mother again Frank.

"I'm sorry my sadness is suffocating you" I said dryly.

She huffed "Which is why we're going out with Jack, Emily and Lewis tonight. We're going to watch sinister 2"

"It hate horrors El" I sulked "And I don't feel like going out either"

"Too late,  Jack and Emily already agreed" she smiled.

~*~

"You look great" Jack smiled at me once we reached the movie theatre. He wore a plaid T-shirt and black skinny jeans, his striking serpent green eyes seemed to be even more brighter than they usually did, it was something in the way his smile was a little wider, his skin glowed a little more brighter and his words laced happiness that indicated he had an agenda behind this meet up.

"Thank you, you look great too" I smiled. Emily was kind of third wheeling but I guess she didn't mind, she was joking around with Ella even though Lewis' arm was wrapped around her waist.

I knew Jack was itching to hold my hand or something but I couldn't, it felt strange; it didn't feel right. I tried to act like a didn't notice him slip his and down my lower back and stay there but when Ella mention snacks I was more than happy to get them.

"Why don't I get snacks and you guys get the tickets?" I suggested. Jack smiled and let me slip passed him where as Ella was still a bit stunned and gave me a what-are-you-doing look. I shrugged apologetically and stalked my way to the food court wondering what people would want. Ella would definitely want sweet popcorn, but then Lewis only likes salty, and Emily loves nachos rather than popcorn and Jack would eat anything; might as well get a variety.

"Is he a better kisser than me?"

It took sheer will power not to roll my eyes, I had to act like my heart didn't just sink to the bottom of my stomach and If I was honest he was not what I needed right now "What the hell are you doing here?"

He laughed "Just here to watch a movie" he said "Is he a better kisser than me?"

I blanked his question "What were you and Meg talking about in the art room today?" What ever they were talking about, it made her come to me for help which was unusual of her.

"If I tell you I'll have to kill you" he made it sound like a promise but I dismissed the threat "Now answer my question; is he a better kisser than me?"

"I don't know who your talking about"

He smirked "Mr skinny jeans over there"

I glanced back at Jack for a split second, luckily non of them realised I was looking or who I was talking to "I haven't kissed him and I'm not planning too"

I tensed when he raised his hand and traced my bottom lip with his thumb, his touch was so familiar a part of me wanted to collapse into his chest no matter how much he hurt me. "Can you not kiss anyone else but me? are my lips engraved on your skin?"

He was right and I hated that he was right, his lips were engraved on my skin and even if I kiss someone else it wouldn't feel the same, I wouldn't feel the emotions I feel when Damien kissed me. But I wanted to prove him wrong. I quickly paid for the food and stomped off back to the group, Ella smiled and took her stuff from my pile and so did the others.

"I got your ticket La-"

"Thanks Jack" I reached up on my tip toes and pecked him on the lips softly and smiled. Oh no what did I just do? Not only did Jack think of it as an opportunity to put his arm around me but when I looked back at Damien his face was pale, his eyes turned to slits, they turned black and his body tensed. His hands baled into fists so much I'm sure his nails must have broken skin, without a word he began walking; walking passed us but then stopped and put on a bitter smile, but the closer he got the more I saw the pain and hurt in his eyes. His voice strained when he glanced at Jack's arm around me even though he was smiling it was all an act.

"I'll see you at the game at seven" he smiled. Ella practically did a double take when she saw him but she smiled anyway.

"Oh we weren't really planning on going" she said.

"It would be fun, Jack your playing right?" I asked him.

He nodded "Yeah I am"

"I am too" Damien said with venom. It was if he was testing Jack but I couldn't decipher his agenda behind it.

"Oh really? what position?"

"Quarterback" he said. Jack nodded but didn't say anything after that. "I hope to see you guys there, it's going to be a killer game"

And then he left. Just like that, he didn't even buy a ticket which made me wonder if he even came here to watch a movie or came here to torment me.

~*~

After the game, we all headed for our cars; Jack left early for practice before the game and when he left he leaned in for a kiss but I just gave him a hug, Truth was I only kissed Jack because Damien said I couldn't kiss anyone but him and I wanted to show him he was wrong. The car was silent, Lewis decided to drive while Ella took tablets for her migrane but after a while I'm pretty sure she was felling better again because she asked the question I was trying to avoid "so...you and Jack"

"That kiss didn't mean anything" I quickly said.

She turned to me from the front seat "But you kissed him..." she trailed off, by the look in her eye I'm guessing the light bulb flickered on in her head "You didn't-"

"I know it was so stupid but Damien said his 'lips were engraved on my skin' and I wanted to prove him wrong. I wanted to show him that he didn't mean anything to me" I moaned. I hid my head in my hands and sighed, my head was too full of doubts and thoughts it was almost impossible to hear other people speak.

Lewis chipped into the convocation "I get it Lara, he messed you up. Your going to have to tell Jack you don't like him in that way because he thinks you do"

"Fine, I just won't show affection, but do me a favour make sure one of you sits between Jack and I please?"

"Yeah sure" he said. I thanked them both and slumped back in my seat to watch the stars in the sky shoot past. The city was empty, only but a few cars and a few pedestrians; nothing more. But we soon reached the school gates at half past 6, with a big football game like this, if you came at seven there is a high chance you won't find a seat. Ella, Lewis and I climbed out and followed Emily to some seats in the bleachers, it didn't take long to spot Jack on the field; he was warming up with Holdan but he wasn't the person I was looking for. It took a while to spot Damien, it was like he was camoflauged although even in a crowded room I would be able to spot him in seconds where as here it was harder but I found him.

He was warming up too with a boy who I think was called Oliver.

I want this night to go as quickly as possible.

~*~

I really like writing poems, you guys like the poem is wrote? Damn I'm enjoying writing these poems....