Twenty Two~Let the truth be told

I cried so much is this chapter I'm not even kidding :(

• • •

"I'm easy to fall out of love with and that's what scares me the most. I care too much for you, I love you too much. When no one is there for you at 2am when your thoughts are destroying you, I will be the one who will catch every tear, silence every negative word that escapes your mouth and hold your heart in my hands. But will you do the same for me? What scares me the most is that in a instant you can be gone; you could slip out of my fingers like water and I will have nothing left of you to drink. I'm so easy to fall out of love with...so please...don't fall out of love with me because I am so deeply in love with you"

• • •

I woke up and nearly had a panic attack.

I wasn't in the hospital, there weren't any nurses coming up to check on the patient no I was in my own room. How did I get here? And how did I sleep until seven o'clock at night?

I found hundreds of missed calls from Ella and I quickly rang her back.

"Lara! What the fuck, I've been worried sick I didn't know if you've made it home alright and I've been calling you all day!" She screamed down the phone.

"I've been asleep" I mumbled.

"You've been asleep for the whole day? Lara it's nearly nine o'clock at night now"

"I know, I thought I spent the night with Damien but then I found myself here...." A thought came to my mind and that thought scared me, it scared me so much the next few words I said came out non existent "El I'll call you back" I cut the phone.

I remember, waking up and seeing myself walking in the hallways but I wasn't walking, I was being carried by-

Damien.

He was walking when his leg was meant to be broken and he was holding me when his wrist was meant to be fractured, he acted as though last night never happened, as if he hadn't been injured. He brought me home.

I was confused, non of this made any sense, it was like my head had been unscrewed and put back on the wrong way.

"Lara"

I removed my head from my hands and looked up at the person who said my name. Nikki leant against the wall with a small smirk on her face "There coming to get you"

"Who? Who are you talking about? I've been so careful but nothing's making sense!" I screamed.

She took the laptop from my desk and took her diary and Cassie's diary too, she placed all three in front of me and said "Flick to the back pages of both diaries"

Reluctantly I did, both Nikki and Cassie's accounts were written on the day of the crash, they were exactly the same.

19th July 2015

Dear diary

I have no time to say goodbye.

Damien and Gabriel are coming for me.

I dropped the diaries.

I was too shocked to do anything, I was in lock down mode and I don't even remember my lips moving "They killed you?"

Nikki didn't reply to my question, she merely pushed the laptop in front of me  and typed 'Damien Grey: Murder case' into Google. Why was she showing me something both Ella and I have already seen?

Or maybe we read the wrong thing.
I clicked the first link and read it.

Fifteen year old Damien Arthur Grey died while he was away to a correction facility due to a mental illness but later soon developed cancer which caused his organs to shut down. His adopted mother was saddened and his father was too, Damien Will be deeply missed and never forgotten.